View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     
Default Highs and Low's of my Build so far

Hi everyone,

I just though I'd share some of my progress so far. I'm the one on a fast track with my CR2008 chassis. I am aming for rego at end of this year due to engine emission etc etc. Photos are in gallery if you feel inclined to have a look.

High:
Have been working hard each night and have nearly completed all of the wiring. Just need to do the actual dash. Have hooked up the Engine loom to the Body loom and body loom to steering column and fitted all of the lights.

Fitted the windscreen on the weekend, man that was very tedious operation as I didnt want to stress it and crack it etc. But all ok. Looks like a car now.

My wheels arrived today and am getting the tyres fitted tomorrow so will send photoso of them on the car over the weekend.

Low:
Made the mistake of drilling my holes for my wipers 90 degrees to the body and not windscreen. Now I have to turn them into an elipse. Not sure if I should get a 16mm drill bit or I have a small 16mm hole saw??? Any suggestions before I bugger it up further would be welcome. I suppose it isnt painted so I can cover up my mistakes if I really need to.

Really Low point:
Was quite happy with myself the other day and then thought just before I finsih up I will screw the Water Temp Sensor to the rear of the driver side head. (LS1 has a 12mm 1.5 hole for this so you have to use a thread adapter). I was screwing in the adaptor and the head broke off. I was cursing and swearing all over the place. Having a rolling chassis I put the engine in with the body on and forgot to put the sensor on first.

I had horrible thoughts of having to rip out the engine again just to get this piece of brass out of the side of the head.

All I can say is thank whoever the person is who invented "easyouts" I owe them big time. I wasnt sure if they would work but they did. Best 6 buck I ever spent.

I need a few beers and a scotch now.

Anyway gotta go and earn a living to pay for all of this fun.

Rgds

Gregg