View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     
Default Jag rear end question

Does anyone know, will a 67 XKE Type II ring and pinion/shaft fit a later 77-87 Dana 44 style rear end?

Having a tough time finding a Jag rear with the 3:54 ratio I'm looking for but found a ring and pinion in the right ratio, but probably the wrong differential.

BTW, where is a good place to get the proper R&P for the Jag Dana 44 rears so I can change out the stock 2.88's I seem to constantly find?

Also, has anyone used the Auburn Limited slip carriers in the Jag rear yet? How do you like them? The second thing is that it is almost impossible to find a stock Jag limited slip rear anymore. The Auburn seems to be an attractive alternative and is fairly cheap on ebay ($273).

Also, are all the Dana style Jag rears the same? I've seen differentials from 67 up to 87 or later and in the pics they all look the same. Any differences that would make them unusable for a Cobra rear?

Does anyone make CV's that will mate up to the Jag stub axles? I would like to run outboard brakes and run CV's inner with Ujoints at the uprights I got from Mickmate. Any idea what this might cost?
I saw a set up on Craigslist recently where someone had fabricated a Porsche CV to a Jag rear for a dune buggy, but the guy was asking way too much for the rear and it had 5:30 gears, which is a different carrier than the more user-friendly gears I would like to use.

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by Three Peaks; 10-23-2008 at 08:27 PM..