View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 07:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2027, 65' 289" PS wheels
Not Ranked     
Default Tri-Counties in December

Ludicrous,

I am about 10 miles south of LAX on the coast...I have a FIA 289 car...helped my friend in Burbank build up his ERA 427...my friend in Ventura sold his FIA 289 about 2 years back, but there is at least one 427 car still there, and I am sure a few in LA and SD...I just don't know the guys.

It would not be a big deal to get my friends together so you can see the cars...I think there will be a Tri-Counties "Sandwich-Meet" about the first weekend in December...usually just off Telegraph road at the shopping center...I can't remember the name of the restaraunt!!!...arrrhgg.

It sounds like you are not really into/confident on wrenching, and really that should not be problem if you get a turn-key and have some contacts to get you pointed in the right direction for shops that are not staffed by idiots...this is NOT rocket science...ERA will provide you or your mechanic help on any maintenance...this is not a computer controlled Porsche/Viper/Corvette.

Warren G... has a turnkey ERA FIA and has no problems...Warren is a way savy engineer car guy and could have done a kit but doesn't have the time or a stable location to do his own build up...he used one of the ERA recommended engine builders.

PM me if you would like, we can talk and I can put you in touch with a several other guys who would be glad to talk on the phone.

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudicrousSpeed View Post
I'm in Ventura but am also frequently in San Diego. I'm looking at getting either an ERA, SPF or Backdraft, and would like to see them in person & also get a feel for the support network for each.
Thanks
-Mark
ERA 289 #2027