View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Don, I keep buying tickets but can't seem to get the numbers right. The first wife also invests and may well win before me. I've warned her that should she (read WE) win, then she is likely to have fulfilled my lifetime dream and find herself in solitary confinement whilst I'm away cruising.

Mate, I seriously doubt you have the necessary physical requirements the skipper demands. Given the size of the winnings would allow a much larger vessel, I've still restricted the vessel size to 45' because that's about what I can handle as a sole male crew member. If the boat were larger I'd need more male muscle but that would then create an alternative for the female crew. My past experience has taught me that once there is more than one male on the scene then the ladies have an alternative and start playing head games.

I need the girls to cook, clean, look after the boat and generally attend to the entertainment on board, not go playing with other crew. Their duties would include being able to catch and clean fish, or able to be taught to do so. They would need be healthy, energetic, adventurous and between the age of consent and collapse. The younger the better.

During the 70's I spent a fair amount of time doing exactly that which I describe. It was a good life but hard work at times sailing a 36' tri.

This time a power cat would make it that much easier on this almost worn out body and negate the need for any other male crew. Why don't we use the same numbers and share the winnings. That way you could get ya own boat and crew and maybe we could then swop crew on occasion. All with the view to alternate menus etc.

Being anchored off Cape Tribulation and changing crew has a certain appeal which I haven't considered prior to your offer.

Last edited by Rebel1; 12-25-2008 at 04:55 PM..