Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default What would you do?

Getting a little quiet in here, so hows this for a question.
You win the 30 mill lotto draw on 03/01/09, you win it as the only winner.
Give me a list of what you would do?
Here is mine.
1 = Pay of the mortgage for my house, buy my brother a house, buy my sisters a house (same for wifes family)
2 = I would stay in Alice, and modify my house to how I and my wife would like it, we have no kids so we do not need the 5 bedrooms it currently has.
3 = Get a very big shed made out of concrete block, with cooling and heating, with a mezzanen level set up as a boys room with big screen tv, fridge and kitchenette, also a bathroom.
4 = Stock the shed with a lathe, milling bench, drill press, bench grinder, folding break, English wheel, Shrinker/Stretcher, mig, tig, spray booth and any other equipment needed to restore or modify cars.
5 = Attend some metalwork classes to learn how to fabricate panels.
6 = Buy a Lamborghini Miura SV either perfect original or restored, would prefer the light green color.
7 = Invest the rest of the money in a solid no or low risk way. Even if the intrest is only 1 mill per year, that is enough.
8 = Start on my own auto museum, collecting and restoring rare cars.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Glass 302 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Buy into Kirkham
Old 12-22-2008, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Ahmmmmm, let me think ..... My kids have left home and are well sorted and my first wife and I don't have any debts......so:

1. Not tell the first wife I'd won
2. Talk to a certain boat builder with a view to building me a 45' displacement catamaran with two 160hp yanmar diesels, 2 X double staterooms, usable galley, water maker, hot and cold water, freezer and whatever else I needed to live aboard.
3. Give the first wife the house and both daily drivers in return for my freedom.
4. Buy a block of land on the water at The Town of 1770 or Hervey bay & build a huge shed to store the cobra and bits and pieces.
5. Advertise for a one or two female cruising "friends"
6. Invest the Balance of winnings.
7. Take my time cruising in the boat from the Queensland border north to the cape. Don't wanna go south of the border.

You think I'm joking don't ya?

Last edited by Rebel1; 12-22-2008 at 08:27 PM..
Old 12-22-2008, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
You think I'm joking don't ya?
Not for a second Les.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Pay off my house, and all my friends' houses.
I have a buddy who likes 1966 Ford Fairlane "R" Codes with the 427s, and another buddy who wants to drop his 350 Chevy into an early Datsun "Z" Car.
I would have one of those "Pro Street" frame and engine set-ups put under my '57 Ford Fairlane 2 door Hardtop, preferably with a 427 SOHC and a five-speed.
I would like to have some interesting Hi-Po Ford convertibles, preferably with the big-block engines.
I wouldnt turn down any Chevys or Mopars with big blocks, but I would like them to have four-speeds.
It would be fun to go out for a meal, and tip the waitress $100 on a $25 tab.

We don't want a bigger government; We want a government that does a few BIG things, and does them right.

If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, they'll only give you one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playin, if you lose you got to pay. And if you make just ONE wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Cobra '68 302, T-5, Jag 3.77 LSD.
Not Ranked     

A Miura....... good choice Dave, but that would be just the start of many.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

No Cobras mentioned yet!

Perhaps:

Buy a Gardner Douglas Cobra
Take my Dad on a trip of all his old WW2 haunts
Buy a summer house on a Norwegian fiord
No mortgage, so pay off the kids' mortgages and HECs accounts
Buy a Beneteau 40 foot sloop
Go fishing for a month on Groote Eylandt
Sponsor a heap of kids with aids in Africa
And maybe a shed with a hoist is in there somewhere...

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

BUY the NSW RTA,sack all the bureaucrats and rewrite the rules.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra RMC 377ci Windsor, Harrison Daytona Coupe, Ford XC Coupe.
Not Ranked     
Default Hoist

I would buy the houses next door and errect my garage that I am having issues with......

Fill the garage with the toys, at least 3 hoists..... I reckon you could
even get a certificate from an imported Doctor to get a few hoists installed on medical grounds

With the intrest open a cat shelter and run it with 18 to 35 year old ex models.....

STIFFY
Old 12-23-2008, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

i would disappear, and probably be dead in a year........but oh what a year it would be.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
Talk to a certain boat builder with a view to building me a 45' displacement catamaran with two 160hp yanmar diesels, 2 X double staterooms, usable galley, water maker, hot and cold water, freezer and whatever else I needed to live aboard.
Hey Les, could I have one of the staterooms and come with ya?
I know the co-ordinates of some top fishing spots in the Swains, I can get a dory down in smartish time and I used to be OK at handlining coral trout out of bommies in shallow water.
I don't get seasick providing we break out the old Square Bear around sunset.
Crap cook though ...perhaps one of your cruising friends could be spared from her other duties momentarily to help out here.
Have you bought your ticket yet?

Cheers,
Don.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Don, I keep buying tickets but can't seem to get the numbers right. The first wife also invests and may well win before me. I've warned her that should she (read WE) win, then she is likely to have fulfilled my lifetime dream and find herself in solitary confinement whilst I'm away cruising.

Mate, I seriously doubt you have the necessary physical requirements the skipper demands. Given the size of the winnings would allow a much larger vessel, I've still restricted the vessel size to 45' because that's about what I can handle as a sole male crew member. If the boat were larger I'd need more male muscle but that would then create an alternative for the female crew. My past experience has taught me that once there is more than one male on the scene then the ladies have an alternative and start playing head games.

I need the girls to cook, clean, look after the boat and generally attend to the entertainment on board, not go playing with other crew. Their duties would include being able to catch and clean fish, or able to be taught to do so. They would need be healthy, energetic, adventurous and between the age of consent and collapse. The younger the better.

During the 70's I spent a fair amount of time doing exactly that which I describe. It was a good life but hard work at times sailing a 36' tri.

This time a power cat would make it that much easier on this almost worn out body and negate the need for any other male crew. Why don't we use the same numbers and share the winnings. That way you could get ya own boat and crew and maybe we could then swop crew on occasion. All with the view to alternate menus etc.

Being anchored off Cape Tribulation and changing crew has a certain appeal which I haven't considered prior to your offer.

Last edited by Rebel1; 12-25-2008 at 04:55 PM..
Old 12-25-2008, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sounds like you have it all figured out Les.
Looks like I'd just have to buy a Pagani Zonda for the road, A McLaren Can Am M8F for historic racing and a Ferrari 250 Lusso for those lovely cruising/ club days.
I could still fly up to Cape Trib for an overnighter though!
Well, we can dream........
Old 12-26-2008, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

After I've finsished with the RTA I would really like to make a bigger shed.
You all must realise that I'm a full on car "builder" nut. My house is just under 9 squares floor space and my existing shed is 6 squares. Seeing that I only sleep and eat in the house I need a bigger shed. 30 Mil will provide the required space. All will look ok on the surface but there will be a major underground garage complex. James Bond technology style.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

Well....that's a question most of us have contemplated many times before..each time with different ideas and plans based on our feelings at the time.

Here is what I would do today, pay-off my house and then rent it when I got my new ever so larger house built with a minimum 5000' garage for my toys. Start a collection, a real Cobra , I'm sorry a authentic Shelby cobra, a Kirkum, a Gt-40, new vet and a viper, some enclosed trailers and new 35' off shore hot rod boat. Maybe a new diesel pusher motorhome too....with a matching trailer.
Oh yes I'd payoff all my relatives houses and buy my kids new homes too, now..what else?

Actually I'd just help everyone I know to make their lives a little easier and give a whole lot to charities and folks that don't have much....Oh yes, I'd buy somemore bicycles for my collection, I just love those little human powered machines. I actually have everything I need right now...and most importantly ....I'm still walking up-right.

Bill
Old 12-27-2008, 11:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Hey Boxhead,

Happy New Year. Short and sweet. I'm doing it right now. I'm building my Cobra. Thats it. Strategic Planning goes one step at a time. My next project might be a RCR Coupe sporting an LS9, but we'll have to wait and see. Staying on the top side of the grass is my biggest iniatiative at this time.

Baz