View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Fibercraft Bodies 427 S/C, 351W disguised as a 427.
Send a message via AIM to SuperHart
Not Ranked     
Default Leaking Thermostat Housing

There have been several mentions in the past about leaking occurring when using the small block thermostat housing that uses the rubber O ring seal. Just wondering if any of the members have been able to solve the problem WITHOUT throwing the O-ring sealed housing in the trash. In theory this style of housing should work well especially with ease of removal since there is no stuck gasket to fool around with.

I have closely examined the rubber O ring seals that come with these housings and have noticed a potential defect in some of them where the two O rings are fused together. I wonder if that is the source of the problem and if anyone else has experienced the same thought and devised a correction. Please don't tell me to trash the housing and get one with a gasket. I'm looking for any legitimate fixes, thanks.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."