View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech
Not Ranked     

Bob, I can't tell you how good it feels to have Nick in my corner. He is amazing!

Jeff, yes has turned into a big project. Hopefully this frustrating part will be over soon. Don't know who that funny looking guy with the NZ accent is. He just wandered into the shop and starting making sparks fly. He will work for food.

Nick, didn't understand this: "Don't let that tail hang off the front/top of the rear fender, they flex a lot there." Can you elaborate?

John, I need all the advise I can get. See you soon.

After looking at several CSX4000 chassis pics I may have it wrong. It looks like the large tube that runs behind the cockpit and down for the door latches is actually up higher than the piece my body is hitting (see pic 1). So I might need to raise the body up a bit now. The trunk tubes might need to come off and be replaced with new tubes that support the raised body. End result: tube behind cockpit and trunk tubes firmly supporting the rear of the body.

The 4000 car bodies must be resting on the far corners of large tube (see pic 2) also look at my drawing. The drawing represents what I think are the contact areas between body and birdcage. This includes the large tube (running behind cockpit) and the trunk tubes.

Or I could just build it like a Kirkham. Forget the large tube running behind the cockpit and put in a curved one to match the contour of the body (pic 3).

Opinions? Kris you out there?
Attached Images

Last edited by hi-tech cobra; 01-21-2009 at 07:52 PM.. Reason: Add text