View Single Post
Old 03-06-2001, 06:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     
Cobralee,
I could not disagree with you any more!! I am a classic example of doing exactly opposite of what you recommend. I had my engine's machine work done by George Anderson of Gessford Machine. That is exactly 1700 miles away from me.

Wouldn't you say it is more important who the builder is and his reputation rather than where he is located?
Don't forget someone's neighbor is someone else's distant cousin.

My local builder(s) couldn't care less about my needs. About checking up on the engine because he is nearby, big deal!! What is it that I am checking up on?

If I knew enough to check up on someone else I would be doing it myself.

My closest engine shop is 12 miles away, in truth he might as well have been 12,000 miles away. He couldn't give a rat's as* about an FE, or a Cobra. I am not all that sure he knew enough about the idiosynchrosies of an FE.

Before you assume your nearest builder is your best bet, think again. If I built another one it would still be with the same guy, same shop. Who do you know that would hold your hand step by step and walk you thru some silly part of the assembly that I didn't understand at 11.30pm on a Sunday?

About accessebility to the shop, I visited them before, during and after the work was done. I don't know too many machine shops who would welcome you to spend 3 days in their shop and then invite you to their home for dinner after a hard days work.

I am usually active on the forum whining, complaining, and stirring things up. This time I have something good to say about someone, and by god, I will say it. I don't care where they are located.

Boy...do I feel better. Now I'll take a deep breath!

Hey George, this should be good for another shipment of steaks...otherwise I'll tell everyone how you messed up my engine. I can't get any more than 500HP out of it.Maybe I should go ahead and put all 8 sparkplugs in!! That may help.

TURK

[This message has been edited by Turk (edited 03-07-2001).]