CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     
Darn,
I can't start a fight as hard as try!

Cobralee
That is very gratious of you to allow me to disagree with your plans even though it is YOUR engine we are talking about. You need to be comfortable with the people doing your work. I suppose my wants and needs are not much different than yours.
I wanted to be able to see them work on my engine. Couldn't find anyone else closer as accomodating and open as Gessford.

I was simply looking for a shop that did not greet me with a sign
"OUR INSURANCE PROHIBITS CUSTOMERS BEYOND THIS POINT"
or how about the one

"SHOP RATE $50.00 per HR.
$60.00 per HR. IF YOU WATCH
$70.00 per HR. IF YOU HELP.
I found that and more at Gessford. I don't have the knowledge to assess their work, my decision was solely based on our pre commitment phone conversations. With absolutely ZERO assurance from me that he would get my business, George was very generous answering every question I had and then some.
If I wanted 5 minutes of his time, I got 20.
Not too often a machine shop would call you and initiate the conversation that would last 30 minutes, and often at late hours of the evening.

I guess that was the thrust of my endorsement of George Anderson. Plus it did not hurt that he himself is a Cobra owner and very active in Run and Gun and often a good source help to everyone on the forum whether they are his customers or not.

You are wrong about one thing, I did NOT fly. He took all my money and all I could do was drive to drop the engine and drive to pick it up.

Neah...it ain't that far, it was on my way when I drove to CT. to see my friends at ERA!!!

ps.You have Ron Miller in your neck of the woods, and I don't know that they get any better than that, but I also don't know if they'll let you hang around their shop and ask lots of questions. I know they are the FE authority, however I just got a return call TODAY for the oil pump drive shaft I ordered 7 months ago!!

WTCOBRA
Wayne,
You are so lucky, that you are so close to George's shop. About the Nebraska beef...he ain't kidding. I am 5'10" and weigh 170 lbs. I polished of more meat than they have seen a city slicker eat for years.
They were getting ready to sell tickets to the locals, just to watch me eat!
George said he'd never seen anyone eat as much as he can drink!.

TURK