View Single Post
Old 03-08-2001, 05:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Hey Turk.....NO ONE CAN EAT BEEF LIKE YOU CAN!!!!
cobralee...your right about finding someone you feel comfortable with...it doesn't make any difference where they are... you just have to trust them to work for you! I'd die to be in CA where you live and have the access to these great engine/car/hotrod people....I know Turk thinks we spent lots of time with him and we certainly did...it all depends on the customer and their attitude...we love to do these engines and I'd have to say it's important to me because I love my own Midstates Cobra and it's been really great to actually work with people building other brands of Cobras!! I didn't know many of these manufactures until I started going to the Run & Guns starting in 1995...and now I've been introduced to so many really great people I'd do about anything to help someone building a Cobra...Turk knows this and really did a remarkable job doing his own engine.....It's really great to see someone do all this research and work on their own...Turk learned lots of lessons the hard way...he made some mistakes and rolled with the punches and corrected things and went on....
I never knew when the next call was coming and what the question would be...in fact Turk taught us a few things that I just took for granted.....So I think the important thing is just like you suggested....know who you're dealing with, work with them closely have a great time doing the project and the end product will be a success!!
Regards, george