View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Find a track to run on

Mike Main Mike you are coming down with the cobra bug. There is NO CURE, except to buy or build one. Some of us where lucky and found the cure, others are carriers and infect others. Some just live with it and smile. You have driving some real road handler. A cobra is nothing like the list of cars you have giving to compare except in price. Your cars have power steering, most cobras don't. ABS brakes and traction control, 99% of most cobra don't. COMFORT, hearing on the left side with side pipes, 30% loss after 30 minute drive, Will someone answer the phone!!! or you wear ear plugs. Depending on wheels and tires, for street a 15" wheel tire combo, to center the wonderfull roads of NJ. For better handling going to a 17" combo. There is only manual adjustment for the suspension on a cobra, no knobs to turn inside the car to change ride. The suspension you would use to drive on the street is not as good as what you would use to run at a track. The handling changes are big. This is running with the same tires. Unless you like a hard top or soft top, you have manual speed air conditioning. The faster you go the more air you get. Driving a cobra is more about drifting around a turn than direct steering. Depending on what motor and how much power you add to your car, they go from being something you can control at 300-450 hp to hang on and pray at the 500-750 HP level. Cobra are stupid fast,quick, and VERY UNFORGRIVEN if you screw up driving one. Forgot Manual brakes on 97% of them. My 12" fronts rotors will put you through the windshield if you pounce them. No ABS. The last thing is the fun value, PRICELESS. I have learned that to live with a cobra is like having a loaded gun, RESPECT it and you get along with no problems, start screwing around and you will get hurt. If you look at some of the old threads on here, you will see accidents from club members. This happens at the track races too with PRO drivers. You will learn a new driving style with a cobra. I do reccomend if you buy a cobra to get power assist steering. It's easier than muscling this car around on long drives. Rick L