View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I want a small block, thinking 351W with approx goal in the 500Hp range.

It will be used mainly for show and cruise with occasional trip around track.

Im thinking I would like to be enjoying the car around the $45k mark... we all know the cars are never truely finished though.

After searching im not sure I will find one built that suits my taste so I will likely end up building.

After further research I like the Cutting edge and ERA cars.

I have heard nothing but good about the ERA cars and there web site is very informative. Im not to sure about the optional Jag IRS set up as well as the option price though. I would have to do more research and talk to a few owners running the same set up.

I know the Cutting edge will likely run me over my budget but I cant get past the weight and the exotic chassis/susp set up. From a show aspect I dont think anyone comes close. I also like that they use the near bullet proof and time tested 8.8 center section. If it will live behind 600 Hp in a 3500+lb car with slicks I know it will handle whatever I will ever throw at it in a 2000 lb car.

I like the safety aspect of the FFR frame with side intrusion bars but the rear end appearance turns me off. With the bars being as low as the are I dont think they would provide much protection anyway.

Thanks for your oppinions guys.

Last edited by jbuchert; 02-16-2009 at 08:09 PM..