View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Fantastic Event.

This was my 4th visit to ShelbyFest and 3rd as a participant.
I think this was the best event I have attended.

Was great to see so many well presented cars turn out. Particularly our interstate visitors and some of the more remote Vic members.

Yet again the organisers are to be congratulated on their stellar performance.
It is risky to try new things but the willingness to innovate can pay great dividends and, although not many people stuck around at the end of a long hot day to see it, I don't think I have enjoyed watching any event more than the elimination shoot-out - drama, pathos - everything.
(I know - I'm not totally objective here )

Tony and Jason put months of effort into this event and their care and attention shows through, thank you guys.

Thanks also to the many volunteers who helped in different ways. I was really impressed with many of the club members who, although not competing, attended the day and were happy to shoulder some of the work of putting the day on - of particular note Richard Ferguson who, having found himself cobra-less, still travelled interstate and volunteered his time and vehicle as Safety Car, also Don Stafford who had the thankless task of scrutinising other peoples pride and joy and having to advise them to make changes, as well as acting as carrying responsibility for Safety.

Really looking forward to the next one.

LoBelly