Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     
Default Shelby Fest Thanks

A huge THANK YOU to Tony and Jason(or is that Jason and Tony) for a very successful and enjoyable event. Plus also thanks to everyone else that helped out. It's run in a very professional manner but with an open and friendly atmosphere. A credit to the whole team.

I didn't even compete and still thoroughly enjoyed myself.

It was also fantastic to catch up with interstate club members and see some new faces. Never enough time to catch up properly with everything that is going on during the weekend.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival. 6 litre Chev
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks Heaps.

Tony,Jason,

Thankyou to the Vic club for putting on this great event.I know I had a great time and suspect most others did too.Only 192 sleeps to the Nationals

Phil
Old 03-22-2009, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival kit. LS1 motor. T56 Tremec 6 speed. 17" replica Halibrand wheels.
Not Ranked     

Tony / Jason,

Thanks also for a great weekend. As always its great to see everyone again and always good fun to see everyone enjoying themselves in their cobras.

Lots of new cobras as well and just as many in the car park for everyone to see.

Thanks again.

Leeroy
Old 03-22-2009, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Well done guys.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 03-22-2009, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Just wanted to echo my thanks to the organisers for a really enjoyable time on Saturday. It seemed to run with a minimum of fuss and I'm certainly keen to be a part of it next year. I had a great time eyeballing cars and catching up with a few (not so) familiar faces. Got my first taste of Cobras in their natural habitat and I'm really surprised at how well they can be made to go, stop and turn - visions of tail happy shopping trolleys no more.

Standouts for me were Soulman's Kirkham "brute" - if it had been on the track he would've had an army of pit crew volunteers. The grass fire in the centre of the track after someone ran off the main straight (fire crew ran 200m on foot to put it out before the fire truck was even started - wouldn't want to be trapped in a car at Winton). And the poor chap who reversed out of the garage area through a cyclone mesh fence, shearing his windscreen off at the guards but luckily not losing his head - a lesson for me in pumping the brakes after a spell on the track. The artwork on Phil M's car and plenty of other amazingly detailed cars that people weren't afraid to throw around on the track. I could go on... suffice to say I have plenty of motivation to be ready for next year.

Sambo
Old 03-22-2009, 11:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: drb #032.1992.
Not Ranked     
Default smoking

i wanted to say thanks to dug for his quick footwork to get to me and put out my flaming car
it was a greatweekend allthesame

smoking---besso
Old 03-23-2009, 02:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Thanks for putting on the event, I had a fantastic time.

It is interesting to see more of the Vic cars and talking to new Cobra nuts!

Ben
Old 03-23-2009, 02:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     
Default First timer

It was my first Shelby Fest (spectator only) and I had a ball. Also the first big run in my CR. Managed to only have one part fall off - Fake Spinner - thankfully missed the guys behind me in the convoy.

It was great to catch up with people in person. I got some great tips for finishing my build and saw some awesome builds.

Coming up on the day in convoy was great fun as well.

A huge congratulations to the organisers.

Rgds

Gregg
Old 03-23-2009, 06:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC, carb 347 TopLoader and Jag running gear ~ so old school I time it with an hour-glass :D
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Fantastic Event.

This was my 4th visit to ShelbyFest and 3rd as a participant.
I think this was the best event I have attended.

Was great to see so many well presented cars turn out. Particularly our interstate visitors and some of the more remote Vic members.

Yet again the organisers are to be congratulated on their stellar performance.
It is risky to try new things but the willingness to innovate can pay great dividends and, although not many people stuck around at the end of a long hot day to see it, I don't think I have enjoyed watching any event more than the elimination shoot-out - drama, pathos - everything.
(I know - I'm not totally objective here )

Tony and Jason put months of effort into this event and their care and attention shows through, thank you guys.

Thanks also to the many volunteers who helped in different ways. I was really impressed with many of the club members who, although not competing, attended the day and were happy to shoulder some of the work of putting the day on - of particular note Richard Ferguson who, having found himself cobra-less, still travelled interstate and volunteered his time and vehicle as Safety Car, also Don Stafford who had the thankless task of scrutinising other peoples pride and joy and having to advise them to make changes, as well as acting as carrying responsibility for Safety.

Really looking forward to the next one.

LoBelly
Old 03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well done Tony and Jason. Great weather, great fireworks, great event.
Richard
Old 03-23-2009, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

Lobelly, your efforts in putting together that slick Powerpoint slide used during the trophy presentation for all the results and times was fantastic.

Really made it easy to compare times and appreciate how close and competitive the racing was.

Well done mate.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks

Thankyou

Tony, Jason and all of the Vic club, had the best time can't wait for next year.

Phil
Old 03-25-2009, 01:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival LS1 6spd
Not Ranked     

Thanks to all guys who worked so hard to put such a great event.

It was fantasic to be there and have my first go out on the track and not brake anything as well.

So many cars to look at (and steal ideas) and meet some new people.

It great finally meet other CR owners and compare notes.

Special thanks to Jason and Tony for all of there hardwork.

Rod