View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 02:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4788 with a Dawkins performance 490 ci iron genesis block hydrualic roller
Not Ranked     
Default If I didn't laugh, I would cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Peaks View Post
Well, you seem to have a somewhat positive attitude about the whole thing, so at least they haven't killed your spirit (yet).

Hopefully, you'll be on the road soon and it will take the sting of job hunting off your mind and you can enjoy the driving season.

The more I hear these stories about the Shelby cars (yours isn't the first), the more I appreciate and would spend my money, if I had any, on a Kirkham. Hopefully, I will finish my car soon and see what all the fuss about driving one of these is all about.

I'm curious about the issues with the Wilwood rotors, but that is a discussion for another thread.

Bob
Hey Bob,
I am used to it (unfortunately). Seriously - my luck with cars is unbelievable - and no it is not my fault and it does not spread to cars that I have worked on or ones that belong to other people (although I have made my share of dumb or ignorant mistakes). It is my lot in my so I can either accept it and work harder (kind of like the fact that I am dyslexic) or curse the universe. Unfortunately My name is John and I have a problem. I have a car addiction and it truly fits the criteria of an addiction - I know it is bad for me but I can not help myself .

as far as driving a cobra -they look like sex on wheels. Are they all that (+/- a bag of chips) - not even close. Of all the cars I have driven and gotten rides in (including Carroll and Cleo's series 1 with a vortech and alcons) there are betetr rides (pick any criteria - faster, more comfortable, handle better.... although they are sexy and cool and fun). they are kind of like going out with a buxom bikini model. She looks great and can be a lot of fun but is high maintence, you gotta worry about when you take here out and leave her alone, she may not be a real conversationalist, sometimes attracts too much (and sometimes not the right kind of) attention.....I think you get the idea.

As far as the wilwoods are concerned - the way it was explained to me by an engineer (who had great credentials for hi po cars) who was the head driving instructor for Nor Cal SAAC, who wrote a dissertation on building race / track mustangs (that had to be pulled from public circulation due to concerns over legal liability in this wonderfully litigenous society) - has to do with the way wilwood (as opposed to coleman) casts their rotors and the warping that results from this technique. but you are correct that that is another topic for another thread.