Thread: Posi Rear Ends
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 03:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question Ask about the HP and torque rating on the carrier

WBluk Nice name Wayne.Before you put down your money BE 100% sure of the HP and torque rating of the carrier. Some are only good for 400pounds of torque and 400HP. Add a 20% increase to these numbers for the abuse.I have broken a TripleD carrier which was good for 600HP and torque back in the early 80's. My motor was only pushing about 365hp to all wheels I ran 33" tires and snapped the case in half. Quieffe sell what you are looking for but not cheap. You didn't say what kind of HP and torque you where after. You only want to build the car once and abuse it alittle. IF you are going to show off withthe car, long burnouts, go with 35 spline axles and have them rifle drilled to reduce the weight. Larger pinion bearing also for the case. Most posi carriers in todays cars will not hold up well under much abuse. I have had to repair many 02 "F" body cars and down posi rearends with the worn gear setups. They also called it a govenor posi that worked at low speed, would lock and unlock. Little gear breaks about 45% of the time from the on and off switching. These guys added the normal things, air induction system, headers with high flow exhaust, programmers, and slicker tires. This in real numbers is about 30-40 hp and that's all she wrote. Z06 vettes are breaking the posi's in them if the guys add the F1 tires and chips to the motors. Rick L.

Last edited by RICK LAKE; 05-11-2009 at 03:36 AM..