Thread: Posi Rear Ends
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question 30 spline for a Jag rearend

Cobra #3107 If you are staying with a Jag rearend, the up grade is to 30 spline from 27. This is with a power locker rearend. CWI sells this upgrade for the Jag rears. I bought the stub axle shafts and rebuilt my own rearend. Mark Williams also sell stub shafts if you tell him what you want. Rumor has it that Williams is the one maken and selling them to CWI after there was a problem with the ones from down under. The stub axles where twisting. Williams builds the 1000hp front shafts for the frontend racers. Complete with his new joints that are better than CV designed ones. The stubs are good for 600hp I am still running the same ones after 11 years of racing. The other thing I will recommend is a rearend support cover. This puts pressure on the carrier caps to stop any kind of walking. They are about $140.00 from LWP. You will need to drill and tap a hole for the breather that was in the old cover. If you don't the pressure from the fluid getting hot will leak or blow out a seal. If you are having a problem with the car going around turns and not freeing up 1 wheel, there is something wrong with the posi unit. The clearances may be too tight in the carrier. The locker is a little clunkey but have not had any hang ups. What weight and fluid are you using in the rearend? Full Synthesis or semi? With the locker I run a full with a lighter weight. With the clutches I run an 80/90 with 2 bottles of additive and run them a little tighter without binding the clutches to engage. I am going to a cooler for the trans and rearend this years to bring down the temps of these to parts. Rick L.