Thread: Posi Rear Ends
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up I was told at Supernat's my "Williams" guy

Cobra #3170 I think that it depended on what ratio and small block or big block in the car for what rearend you got. I am not a historian on this. Mark Williams can make any axle configuration you want. The info I have went there was a problem with some of the CWI stubs twisting from racing. I don't know how many, this info was from friend of a friend, not GOD'S LIPS. I know that from my own abuse that the 27 spline stubs are good for 448ft of torque with street tires"pilots" 335x17" Back in 99 CWI charged me $900.00 for the stub shafts and spidergears for the carrier. I went with the locker and did a little blueprinting to smooth out the way it worked. Stock Jag rearends are good for 450/450 tork and HP with a 27 spline axle. I have not seen alot break but have seen alot twisted to where the stub had to be beating out of the carrier housing. Stacy P, has broken stubs and carriers at R&G. I know I replaced them. He also runs a TP motor, with a little blue bottle of happy gas with a 200hp hit. He did go from a 3.54 ratio down to a 3.07 setup. At the event he was the first to break into the 9.0 second barrier with a stock body cobra. 9.83 at 138.0 mph. CWI said their stub shafts are good for 600/600. So far since 2001 I have had no problems with them. I have a small leak in the r/s stub shaft plate and will be pulling apart the rearend for a check up. At this time adding coolers to the other units. I got to see the red #198 car up in the air and found that he was running coolers, air deflectors under the car. If it's good enough for D. Smith a pro driver and missed friend, it's good enough for my car. There is another Jag builders here, Try Kurt Hamilton in Ca 8189422323. Have not dealt with him but others have had there rearends rebuilt. Michigan Drive line is the other, 8003501330 I have the same info, have rebuilt rearends but don't know them personally. I may have the upper hand with how the ERA reaend assembly is installed in the car. It has its own carrier, takes 6 bolts and one hose to remove the unit. This is one of the nice things about an ERA. 20 minutes and out, same with a clutch or trans repair. Without a rug in the car R&R of the trans or clutch is one hour. Only using a power screwdriver for the plates. Hope this helps you with the info I gave you. I don't know if either of those 2 places are still working beside CWI. You also have a private e-mail. Rick L.

Last edited by RICK LAKE; 05-12-2009 at 05:27 AM..