View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Default Front Number Plate Mounting Position?

I have the chrome, oval front bumper bar to fit on my RMC and have noticed that the majority of Cobras have their front number plate mounted on the bottom of that bumper. In the majority of cases, that number plate is mounted directly in front of the Oil Cooler which in turn is mounted behind the small lower opening in the front of the body. In the normal set-up, that Oil Cooler is connected to the Engine, but in my situation where maximum cooling to the gearbox is essential, the Oil Cooler will be connected to my
6L80E Tiptronic Transmission.

My question is:- Has anyone who has their number plate mounted directly in front of the Oil Cooler found that it interferes with the air flow to that Cooler?

I have the thin black number plates with the gold lettering (COB-600) in storage with the RTA and was thinking of mounting the front plate on the top of the chrome, oval front bumper when I finally get it registered, hopefully before the Nationals. Has anyone ever seen a Cobra with its front number plate mounted in that position and did it present an acceptable appearance?

Baz