View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 06:39 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I'm at the higher end of your budget range, but I would consider 45K for the ERA Cobra listed in my signature.

Bill S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra#1 View Post
Hi, I'm Patrick and just joined the forum.

Think I got the wife on board this weekend to get the car I have wanted since I was about 16. I have found forums like this to be very helpful for my other vehicles, and I'm sure this one is no exception. I have read a few posts, but was hoping that you guys could give me the quick "Cliff Notes" on what to avoid/look for when buying a Cobra. I will use this car to drive to work once a week or so (15 miles), and occasionally on the weekend. I do not plan to race it, etc. Here is what I am considering:

1) Either a Superformance or Backdraft chassis (or maybe Factory Five)
2) 351 Windsor (or possibly a 302)
3) thinking I would like A/C, but not sure how well that works on these cars
4) of course 17" wheels, and side pipes
5) want a manual (of course), but don't know anything about TREMEC T-5 vs. T-56, etc.
6) would like a top (not sure about a hard top)

I don't even know what I don't know. I'm hoping to have a budget of around $35-$45K. I'm fine with buying used with low miles. I also live in the Raleigh NC area in case there is any dealer or cars I should be looking at around here. ANY advice you can give would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS