View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

I started buying Craftsman in 1982 out of high school because its all I could afford. Over time, I have managed to upgrade to a fairly complete set of SAE and metric tools, all predominantly Craftsman. I've overhauled Harleys, Vettes, Porsches, offshore powerboats and 4-wheel drives for 27 years, and now my Cobra, all with Craftsman. In all that time I have managed to only break one tool, a 3/8" drive ratchet that I hit at a full Babe Ruth swing with a 2 lb blacksmith hammer, trying to free a big bolt in a space to small for 1/2" drive. I walked it into the local Sears, they handed me a brand new one for free and I walked out.

I have a nice big red Snap On toolbox with a stainles top I stole off of Craigslist the day before Christmas. Its the only Snap-On product I will ever own. Snap-On has done an excellent job of convincing a lot of people to buy their expensive tools. And I've heard the line about "Well I use mine to make a living so I need the best." Its all marketing bull$h!t, in my opinion.