View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Smile First Drive Yesterday

The car is almost finished. Drove it for the first time yesterday. I had to take it to the local weighbridge as I have emission tests with the RTA next Wednesday. That was the first time it has been on the road and gave me a huge thrill. Cobras certainly create a lot of attention.

I hade an EVO 7 trying to bait me as well as another goose in an R8 showing me how well he could light up his rears. Is this normal behaviour when you're out cruising? I had a couple hanging out of their cars taking photos. I don't know whether they were taking them of me or the car and I had quite a few drift over into my lane as they stared at the car instead of concentrating on the road ahead.

There are still a few minor issues to work out in the electrical department, have to do some re-aligning of an idler pulley and the suspension settings need adjustment. Other than that, everything went well.

Hope you enjoy the pics. By the way, it came in at 1,242 kgs with 72 litres of fuel on board.

On the weighbridge.