Absolute Pace

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Forums > Australian Cobra Club

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-25-2009, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     
Smile First Drive Yesterday

The car is almost finished. Drove it for the first time yesterday. I had to take it to the local weighbridge as I have emission tests with the RTA next Wednesday. That was the first time it has been on the road and gave me a huge thrill. Cobras certainly create a lot of attention.

I hade an EVO 7 trying to bait me as well as another goose in an R8 showing me how well he could light up his rears. Is this normal behaviour when you're out cruising? I had a couple hanging out of their cars taking photos. I don't know whether they were taking them of me or the car and I had quite a few drift over into my lane as they stared at the car instead of concentrating on the road ahead.

There are still a few minor issues to work out in the electrical department, have to do some re-aligning of an idler pulley and the suspension settings need adjustment. Other than that, everything went well.

Hope you enjoy the pics. By the way, it came in at 1,242 kgs with 72 litres of fuel on board.

On the weighbridge.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Wow, your car is beautiful, excellent color combo/contrast. Its very common for other vehicles/drivers to want to mess with you, these cars are magnets. The best part is you can pick and choose who you mess with. Sometimes ignoring people is as powerful as responding to them.

Jim

p.s. Your steering wheel is on the wrong side.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Beautiful Baz. The attention they receive (at least on the Sunshine Coast) is either none (most women) or a lot from the young guys (especially subbies) and the kids just love it and drag their parents away from whatever they are doing to show them.

There are always the idiots who just have to pass (i.e., double lanes, blind corner, at night - you know the full 45 IQ on a hot day) but they are few and easily tolerated.

Enjoy your time and those early morning drives ...

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Baz

Fantastic.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 09-25-2009, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

very very nice...........enjoy.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 347 Stroker Morrison Injection. Registered.
Not Ranked     

Hi Baz, great job, beautiful finish. I was looking through your gallery and looks like youv'e had your wiring loom rapped in a woven cotton. Did you use the guys in Melbourne?

Regards.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     

Car looks really nice Baz, I like that colour leather with the light blue. Must be a thrill to take it out on the road for the first time.

Maybe its just the camera angle, but it looks like the passenger side seat is slightly crooked? Probably just my eyes.

Liam
Old 09-26-2009, 12:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC with 6 litre 307KW LS2, Comp Cam, 348rwhp & 532.5 ftlb of torque with 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mando View Post
Hi Baz, great job, beautiful finish. I was looking through your gallery and looks like youv'e had your wiring loom rapped in a woven cotton. Did you use the guys in Melbourne?

Regards.
No mate. Jimmy from Sideshow Performance Wiring in Sydney is responsible and deserves all the credit as well as his capable offsider Justin.

I think that my car is the only Cobra world-wide with a 6L80E Tiptronic Transmission fitted. It has it's own ECU and really created a massive problem trying to get it to talk to the Engine ECU.

On the manual side of the 6 speed transmission, it was looking for airbags, sound system settings etc., which it has to cope with in the current model Performance GM vehicles such as HSV Grange, Senator and GTS models.

The Cobra had none of these, so Jimmy and Justin had to work out a method to convince the transmission that they were present, even though they weren't. A massive challenge for both of them. To their credit, it works like a charm and has now made them a world-wide authority on this conversion.

Baz
Old 09-26-2009, 12:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Car looks really nice Baz, I like that colour leather with the light blue. Must be a thrill to take it out on the road for the first time.

Maybe its just the camera angle, but it looks like the passenger side seat is slightly crooked? Probably just my eyes.

Liam
Youv'e got a good set of peepers there Liam. The seats were only installed temporarily so I could get it to the weighbridge. A bit of work to do on the mounts next week so they have to come out again,

Baz,
Old 09-26-2009, 01:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival #3199. 366ci L76, T56 6 speed, Blue circle custom paint, Australias most original cobra 2009-2010
Not Ranked     

Looks great Baz - Are you coming to Nats? Your more finished then me and Im going (the to do list is shrinking but starting to panic now......)

Also - where is your intake?
Old 09-26-2009, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenrocca View Post
Looks great Baz - Are you coming to Nats? Your more finished then me and Im going (the to do list is shrinking but starting to panic now......)

Also - where is your intake?
Hi Andrew,

I will be going to the Nationals on the Sunday and to the presentations Sunday night so I hope to see you there.

Unfortunately, the Cobra won't be with me. Definately next year.

My intake/ snout and air cleaners are being designed and under construction. I've only driven the car short distances and it's sucking straight in directly through the Throttle Body. I know it's not the best, but it's what I have to work with at the moment.

Baz
Old 09-27-2009, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk1, LS1, T56, Jag S3 suspension
Not Ranked     

Congrats Baz, that first drive must have been sweet and made all those build days where parts didn't fit seem all the more worth while!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
My intake/ snout and air cleaners are being designed and under construction. I've only driven the car short distances and it's sucking straight in directly through the Throttle Body. I know it's not the best, but it's what I have to work with at the moment.
Well done Baz, major milestone. How have you designed the intake and what materials will be used?
Old 09-30-2009, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo View Post
Well done Baz, major milestone. How have you designed the intake and what materials will be used?
Thanks Sambo,

Polished Stainless curving left under the front nearside guard near the headlight with the normal round cone shaped air filter fitted. Also have to move the Radiator Header Tank a bit to the right so the intake tube fits in.

Baz
Old 09-30-2009, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Hi Baz, re your car weight of 1,242 kgs with 72 litres of fuel on board.
Did you get front and rear weights of the car?.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Not Ranked     

Nice motor you have there Baz. I saw another one at the Noosa Classic Car Show.

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Funny about the excitement and attention a Cobra draws. Mine is temporarily on the road,(again) to meet mr rego. It's in rough gelcoat and has no side pipes. It attracts NO attention whatever. The only question was. . .what is it ? I like it that way. That poor sod was drowned in the whole story of the car. I don't think he'll ask about another one again. Or he will be a Cobra expert at the next barby. The mechanics at the rego joint had a ball and the boss had to decide who did the brake test...he did it !
I go out into the fray once again tomorrow to get the new engine number confirmed (three week process) then the next time I'm on the road my Cobra may be shiny with side pipes and a rollbar and carpet and a dashboard and a boot and a...........
Old 10-01-2009, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I was thinking the other day that a good thread topic would be "what was the best thing anyone every said about your Cobra?"

I had one the other day - male teenagers on skateboards at night called out as the car stopped and drove off "F@#&ing Hot!" Made me think that there must be many such comments that we each have received ....

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force Mk I, 5L Windsor, TKO 600, enhanced Jag / Koni suspension & LSD Diff.
Not Ranked     

Way back when my car was actually running, in rough gel coat and no interior to speak of, had people also hanging out of cars with cameras a bit of power baiting and the best with the missus on the way back from a coffee run...stopped at a pedestrian crossing and a youngish crowd crossing one lass just screams out "sex on wheels".

Might of had to contend with a nubile passenger if the cheese and kisses hadn't been aboard!!

They are definitely fibreglass magnets.

Last edited by stephen low; 10-02-2009 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: typo's from fat fingers
Old 10-01-2009, 10:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison, 6.0L Chev
Not Ranked     

Now come on Slowy, you built that thing to try and get the attention AWAY from your missus!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: