Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 01:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GMW '65 427S/C / '67 Shelby GT-500E
Not Ranked     
Default New Member.....finally

I live in Marietta, about a mile from the square. Would like to be member of your local club. On my second snake and would love to let her get together with her own kind. I have a few Harley's as well and try to play golf as much as possible. My wonderfully beautiful wife says Im not very social and I don't play well with others, so Im making an effort. If anyone is interested in helping me with my therapy I would greatly appreciate it.

Trying to be part of the group,
Matt
Old 11-01-2009, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

You sound like a lot of the guys around here! I'm sure you'll fit in well
Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 65 Factory Five MKIII Cobra
Not Ranked     

Hey Matt. Glad you posted. You'll find a good group of guys around here. Some of the factory five guys float back and forth between here and FFCobra.com. They are pretty good at organizing rides and get together's and there are usually several makes that show up. Several guys from your side of town as well.
-Greg
Old 11-01-2009, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the madness.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 11-01-2009, 09:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My wife and I had a wonderful ride up to Dalonaga to see the leaves today, what a beautiful day finally. While driving through downtown we spotted another cobra and stalked him down. I said I was trying to meet some new friends didn't I? We all ended up having drinks and talking shop. The therapy has started....

Thanks Don, great to meet you and look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Matt
Old 11-02-2009, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

Well that's pretty scary! Two Cobra owners with in 10 miles of each other and they're both named Matt!! Is your car red by chance too? I think I might have seen you a couple of times. I'm getting closer to driving but I had to take some time off and finish the basement. Then came along a buddies 67 Shelby that I'm trying to get back in shape. I'm really looking forward to working on the Cobra again, this ole Shelby is wearing me out! Give me a PM with some contacts, it's always good to meet new guy's with the same illnesses!! I'm a straight shot up Whitlock/ Dallas Hwy near the Lost Mountain General Store. Love to have stop by! Thanks, Matt.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427
Not Ranked     
Default Molly & Matt

Got the Cobra out of the trailer and headed to the North Georgia hills, driving through Dahlonega, Ga, I noticed a black cobra behind me, pulled over and made my first new friends. Molly & Matt, I had a great time talking Cobra talk and walking around town. Will try to get to Atlanta for the next Cobra meeting, were and when do you guys get together? An does anyone have details or a contact on the Road Atlanta event in November? Thx, db
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 11-02-2009, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Matt (FIA_ERA),
Would love to get together. We live just off Whitlock so we are really close. Car is Black on Black not red. Take a look at my Gallery, there are some pics there. Had a Blue one not so long ago but shes with a new owner in Florida these days. Give me a call at 404-218-0588, got that on my hip 24/7. Lets take atvantage of the good weather or else well be waiting for spring.

Don,
Maybe we could take the lead in forming a group to go to the Nov event. Not that I'm a control freak but why not go ahead and plan something. OK maybe I'm a control freak but whatever.

Matt
Old 11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 514 SVO Crate motor
Not Ranked     

Just got my Cobra ... is there a North Georgia Cobra Club?

Steve Hodges
Cherry Log, GA.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve,
Congrats on the new ride. The picture in your gallery looks great. I am new to this forum as well but it seems that there is a fairly strong base of owners that get together on a regular basis. The club or group is not nearly as strong as those in other states such as Texas and California but that just leaves room for us to make it strong. Please feel free to contact me any time as we are family, and feel free to let me in on where the hell Cherry Log GA is.
Matt
Old 11-05-2009, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #821,Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler w/2x4
Not Ranked     

Welcome
We have had some member dilution over the last few years. GA changing laws on these cars didn't help.