14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 02-04-2011, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Georgia registration in emissions county

Does anyone know how to register a cobra in an emissions county that will not pass testing?
Please give me a call at 770-898-9360.
Thanks
Susan
Southern Automotive
Old 02-16-2011, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Deleted this post.

Last edited by Ralphy; 02-16-2011 at 07:56 PM..
Old 12-30-2011, 10:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MKIII
Not Ranked     
Default Registering a Cobra in Gwinnett County

Hi Susan,

You and Bill were essential to me getting my Cobra registered. First I had to file a NonConforming Status application with the Clean Air Force. They contacted me and asked for photos of the vehicle, assembly information like chassis and engine and I had to provide all my receipts to show it was an assembled vehicle. DO NOT CALL IT A KIT CAR - call it an ASSEMBLED VEHICLE.

Then you will have to get a WAIVER for emissions where you basically take it to the emissions station and they do an non OBD test so you have to go to an All Vehicles Welcome station and they put in the waiver # to do the test. It will probably still fail. Take the car home and tweak timing or fuel filter, etc (nothing expensive). Then take it back.

After this process call the Clean Air Force again and have the car emissions station call also. Have them and you complain that basically this is a `1960 body car and an non-emissions engine that they are trying to get to pass and it's not going to pass but have them state that THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CAR THAT CAN BE FIXED. ALSO BE SURE TO EMPHASIZE THAT THIS IS A SHOW CAR AND NOT AN EVERYDAY DRIVER (giving them your mileage would help).

My emissions station called two people - Robert Mitchell and Dianne Batt. I don't know who these people are exactly, but after my call and their call Mr. Mitchell emailed me from Clean Air Force to ask for "Proof" that my engine was an engine from a year PRIOR to the years required for emissions. Which is where Bill and Susan from Southern Automotive came in (you would contact the person you bought your engine from for the engine stamp #'s that show the year and model of engine). Susan sent me an official letter on letterhead stating the year of the engine and supporting documentation.

Two days later I had another "waiver" to take to the emissions station and the car PASSED easily and now it is Gwinnett County tagged and registered. YEAH!
Old 01-05-2012, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

mysterywriter,
Do you have material location per GDOT with regard to, "ASSEMBLED VEHICLE?"

Ralphy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: