Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: roadster/coupeGT350 clone/GT40
Not Ranked     
Default chipperb update

I bought my first Cobra replicia in 2001 when I bough my present factory built Unique (now for sale). I was active in the Atlanta area Cobra scene, going to the Unique Home Coming and one of the first Deep South Cobra Clubs held at Southern Automotive

I then went on to gwt a Daytona replicia, then a Shelby GT350 replica, and finally a GT40 replica.

I then went on a wild tangent and went back to motorcycle, building 2 cafe racers and geeting my road race comp license.

Motorcycles were too fast for me so I went back to my original love of go karts, starting back in go kart road racing in 2008 (started racing karts in 1958-yep!). Then I got into Vintage go karts-twin engined and all. Then into boats.

Now back to Shelby replicas. I am here to help anyone. c
Old 07-20-2011, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2124
Not Ranked     

Wow, you are restless...

I bet you've seen some awesome development in karts over your 50yr hiatus.

Any photos you could share of your cars would be great!

- Allen.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipperb View Post
I bought my first Cobra replicia in 2001 when I bough my present factory built Unique (now for sale). I was active in the Atlanta area Cobra scene, going to the Unique Home Coming and one of the first Deep South Cobra Clubs held at Southern Automotive

I then went on to gwt a Daytona replicia, then a Shelby GT350 replica, and finally a GT40 replica.

I then went on a wild tangent and went back to motorcycle, building 2 cafe racers and geeting my road race comp license.

Motorcycles were too fast for me so I went back to my original love of go karts, starting back in go kart road racing in 2008 (started racing karts in 1958-yep!). Then I got into Vintage go karts-twin engined and all. Then into boats.

Now back to Shelby replicas. I am here to help anyone. c
My compliments on your enthusiasm. tin-man
Old 07-21-2011, 12:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipperb View Post
Now back to Shelby replicas. c
If you're back, then why not keep the Unique!

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear
Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UniqueMotorCars 427;Class III Performance 351 Windsor; Medium Royal blue-Wimbleton stripes ;oil cooler
Not Ranked     

Now I understand. I have the same great illness..

Three old vintage BMW bikes and a newer BMW K-bike...they get under your skin.
Vintage races at Barbers Motorsports in October..
The Unique factory is just north of me-family -owned; JagIRS and inboard disc brakes.
Shelby Cobra replicas are personal-but Unique and ERA have the personal touch..

Taking mine in for a factory check-up soon....but if its still around...I am interested in your nice little Cobra.....have some more space...