• 1 Post By Varmit

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2020, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Registering a Replica in Tennessee

The car I will buy is currently registered as a 1965 replica in S. Carolina. Will there be problems transferring the title to me here in Tennessee as a replica?

Garth from Apison near Chattanooga
Old 01-20-2020, 11:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm interested in any info you come up with. I may be moving to Chattanooga soon.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FF MKIII Boss9 504
Not Ranked     

Should be no issues at all.

Steven
Garth Libre likes this.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You should love Chattanooga. The mountain roads are curvy and interesting and the highways are rarely congested. I live in Apison 15 miles from Chattanooga and the drivers are polite and attentive. To be honest, crappy inattentive driving is impossible on most of the country and mountain roads as there are usually no shoulders and straight line driving is a rarity.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch-built 427 MR
Not Ranked     

Garth- i live in Harrison, a couple of miles west. I built a "scratch" Cobra, and had very little trouble registering it. I had no MSO, only receipts for fiberglass, steel etc. My motor is a '65, and emissions don't apply. The year of your motor determines emissions requirements in Hamilton county. We have a very active Cobra club here, And we invite you to our weekly meetings. We meet every Monday at 6pm. On 1-27 we will be at Amigo's Mexican Restaurant , at Island Cove Marina. We use the private dining room to the right as you walk in. Please join us. Bill
Garth Libre likes this.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The engine on the car I'm looking at is a brand new one , a GT 40 aluminum head from Ford Racing. Won't this pose a problem in registering it?
Old 01-21-2020, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdbrake View Post
I'm interested in any info you come up with. I may be moving to Chattanooga soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill37341 View Post
Garth- i live in Harrison, a couple of miles west. I built a "scratch" Cobra, and had very little trouble registering it. I had no MSO, only receipts for fiberglass, steel etc. My motor is a '65, and emissions don't apply. The year of your motor determines emissions requirements in Hamilton county. We have a very active Cobra club here, And we invite you to our weekly meetings. We meet every Monday at 6pm. On 1-27 we will be at Amigo's Mexican Restaurant , at Island Cove Marina. We use the private dining room to the right as you walk in. Please join us. Bill
Can I bring my wife and son next Monday night? Will there be enough room?
Old 01-21-2020, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch-built 427 MR
Not Ranked     

Bring your wife and son. Usually we have 8-25 for dinner. Guest count is usually about 30% wives, As far as registering the car, what year does your title say? If before 1975, probably no problem. We can discuss Monday. Bill.
Old 01-23-2020, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance#2352/Aluminum SO/490 c.i. 650 h.p. 605 tq.
Not Ranked     

I just move to Tellico Lake in Loudon, Tn. I'll be registering my Superformance the first few days of Feb Hopefully it will not be a problem
Topfuelhydro likes this.