28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2007, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1427
Not Ranked     
Default Does anyone still own a Cobra in Atlanta?

Dang guys, is anyone still alive? I mean, I know this forum blows for it's inability to stay up and running - and it when it does go down, it seems like it wasn't backed up for a month and all the latest posts are lost ... but ... come on ...

Looks like the once strong ACC area has pretty much died out. I blame Cracker for running everyone off ... yeah ... it was CRACKER!!!!. But on a serious note - where the heck is everyone?!?!?

Anyone have the 'cruise in' locations and dates for the upcoming spring? Downtown Dallas, Ga (I think it's still the 4th Sat) - Riverstone in Canton, Ga - still the 3rd weekend? Anyone up for a group ride to Suches, Ga?

BTW - never did find out who that was in the silver w/black stripes Coupe I saw in Kennesaw.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR - 351 / 385 hp
Not Ranked     

Hey Bud,

I keep watching the site for activities, but there hasn't been anything lately. If you can confirm anything happening, please post it.

Streeets are too wet to go out today
Old 02-26-2007, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: midstates 428FE blue&white stripes
Not Ranked     
Talking Hi Bud

I went for a ride on sat.took my toy to get new alum.heads I should be back
in a couple weeks.I watch cc all the time... nothing happnnn.are you up and running? Was a head gasket the problem?? I think your right must be cracker!!! Let's get it going.
thanks Rocky
Old 02-26-2007, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everrett-Morrison Cobra, 427W T-5 Z tranny
Not Ranked     

Hey Bud,

Nice to see you frequent more than one site, he he. Noticed the SVO Bud user id and had to see if it was the same as the SVOCA. I'm stuck here in Navy Supply Corp School in Athens, so it would be nice to hook up at some point since we are so close.

Later,

Chris Cade
Old 02-26-2007, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 1014
Not Ranked     

I'm just getting mine out on the road. 2 small things left to tweak (lol I hope that's all) and you'll see me out and about more as weather and work permits.

There is a small get together at Route 66 Restorations here in Suwanee on Sunday if anyone is interested. I'm planning on attending.

http://www.rt66restorations.com/cruises.htm

Cheers,
Old 02-26-2007, 09:21 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Slumming currently with 67 GT350
Not Ranked     
Default Own a Cobra

A couple of us have been at Giovanni's every month, next cruise's are March 24, April 21, May 19. August 18th is the Cobra month there. April 7th is Blast From the Fast Past show at Jim R. Miller Park in "May-retta". The Mitty Vintage event at Road Atlanta is April 27-29, we'll have our Cobra Corral in the usual area in the infield by our trailer. May is the Year One Extravaganza at Road Atlanta, 18th-20th. That's a show, fun laps, autocross, 0-60-0, skid pad, etc. If anyone is heading to FL, we'll be at Amelia Island March 9-11, and then Sebring for the 12 Hour race 14-17, and we'll have a Cobra Corral at Turn 1. At Atlanta Motor Speedway May 4-6 is the Southern Ford Extravaganza, show/swap/etc. Starting May, every Monday night at the new Summit Racing place in McDonough is a cruise night. April 21st, Year One at their facility in Braselton kicks off their 3rd Saturday of the Month cruise, same night at Giovanni's. I think Canton is also the same night. We've got a couple SPF cars going to all the events, we had a great Fall cruise in conjunction with the N. ATL Jag club I invited everyone to, and no one showed up. Dust them off and get on out there.

Bill

www.mcmichaelmotorsports.com
Old 02-26-2007, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique# 4279459
Send a message via ICQ to KrAzEcJ
Not Ranked     

Chasis is ready and my body is going to be ready to pick up from the painter this week so I'm getting closer.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rocky - I pulled the thing out, washed the dust off it and it fired right up. No missin, popin, nothing. Thinkin it may have been weather related (too hot). I'll get a friend to give it a once over with his fancy-smancy techno gadgets. More than likely it's a temp sensor or TFI acting up.

Chris Cade!! - yup - no need to change my screen name when I change forum. I earned my infamous status and I intend on keeping it. How long you in Athens? wait - the Navy has a school in Athens?!?! Is it on the UGA campus or something?

rcassidy - man I'd be up for that cruise in, but I'm leaving town on Sunday morning for a week's worth of K9 training out of State.

Commish - I knew you'd have it alllll worked out. I'll just follow your lead. The Mitty is definitely a go!!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everrett-Morrison Cobra, 427W T-5 Z tranny
Not Ranked     

Bud,

I have been stuck in Athens for about 5 months now, and will be here until June. Actually, the Navy has had their Supply Officer School here since 1954. It is a little installation tucked right down the street from the UGA campus. Nice scenery. Unfortunately for me, I have not had the opportunity to swap out vehicles due to time constraints and the weather. I am considering bringing either the SVO or Cobra down next month, as the weather has started to become bearable. Plus I will finish the first course that I have been in and be on a 45 day break between courses. If you get the urge, give me a shout. Maybe we can meet up.

Later,

Chris 757-647-1567
cade60@cox.net
1992 LX 5.0 Convt
2005 Mustang GT
Old 02-27-2007, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

SVOBUD wrote - "...I'm leaving town on Sunday morning for a week's worth of K9 training out of State."

I always thought you were a dog but not even I would condone being sent to DOG school. Down boy - roll over and I'll give you a bone when done.

I get blamed for much worse then breaking up loosely organized car groups - I confess it's all my fault. BTW, as a few of us fall out of ownership JO single handedly has created his own FOUR car team - all with pure arumium moders (I live vicariously through his adventures ).
Old 02-27-2007, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

actually ... my dog's attack command is, "CrAcKeR!!" - it helps when I get sued in civil court and my witnesses say, "All I know yer honor ... the PO-lease-man just kept yelling, 'CRACKER!! CRACKER!!' and that Kay-Nine-Dawg just kept a bittin that tall thin white man who looks like Tony Robbins!"
Old 02-28-2007, 03:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

Yo Bud, I thought you converted to "Biker" a while back. I'm presently sitting down here in Sao Paulo checking out the babes and wondering how many of them are actually babes. I threw a harmonic balancer, but Susan has me one on the way to the house in time for install this weekend. I'm up for something.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

SVO - Have a good trip with'em dawgs. I do like your attack command!

TR - Remember, it's safer simply to "wonder" rather than "find out" if they're swinging - be careful. Watching babes, get back to work dude!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dang Radford - Sao Paulo!?!?!? - rub it in why don't ya. I hate to admit it, but I'm with Cracker (ack!!!) on that one. Keep yer hands to yourself - if you want to keep your hands. Heck, I'd even be sneaky with the googling = ie: mirrored shades.

I am riding my bikes alot more here lately. Picked up a biker GF who has her own Triumph too. I was thinking about selling my FFR all winter, but she agrued against it. Thinking I might keep her around a bit longer than usual.

Here' my Bonnie these days ... and the GF on her's one day when we road over to Barber Motorsport track ..

Cracker - here's my cracker bitin buddy.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:57 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Slumming currently with 67 GT350
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Radford
Yo Bud, I thought you converted to "Biker" a while back. I'm presently sitting down here in Sao Paulo checking out the babes and wondering how many of them are actually babes. I threw a harmonic balancer, but Susan has me one on the way to the house in time for install this weekend. I'm up for something.
Tony,

Can you mail us the license plate registration decal for your trailer upon your most triumphant return?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 02-28-2007, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill, the wife sent off for it a little while back. As soon as it comes in, I'll run it over, assuming I don't destroy my engine installing the new harmonic damper.

Bud, I've considered moving from Cobrato ultralight. I dream about flying around with a balloon full of skunk urine looking for that spandex bicycle dude.

Regarding Brazil, the women here paint their clothes on with an air brush. Doesn't leave much room to hide dangling organs.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Does this look like a good investment? She's staying in the same hotel and seems to be interested.

Name:  girlnuts1.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  33.2 KB
Old 02-28-2007, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427
Not Ranked     

Tony, Look very closely. That just might be a dude. Hope you get this in time.....
Old 02-28-2007, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Yard Dog FFR 521, 572 Fire Ant Mongrel Cobra 393, 566, Boss 600 hemi , RCR40 #13 348
Not Ranked     

Nice to see that the ACC is still alive

Cracker - The Guppy went through a religious epiphany and moved to Utah - so I am down to three. Of course, it was the only one running. Yellow - Yard Dog - just needs some tuning for the new engine and should be fine. The new Cobra should be online in a few weeks - the GT is still untouched.
BTW - why don't you share your recent driving exploits with the group....

Bud - you can't sell the Cobra - it's the only one left standng.

Tony - that doesn't look like a vibration damper in the photo - exactly where are you staying?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 1014
Not Ranked     

Hey Tony, Ring me or e-mail me if you want any assistance with the Dampener. I've got a puller you can use and think I've learned from my own mistakes in pulling and putting mine back on.

Cheers,
Ryan Cassidy