17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default These folks are voters!!

Here's why political debates just don't matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE
Old 10-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Just like Jay Leno's Jaywalking. There are a lot of people out there that do not have a clue. I blame it all on the education of kids here in the US. The first thing they should do is shoot every "leader" in the teachers union. Then a standardized test should be administered to all teachers. If they pass, give them a raise. If they fail, deduct 5% from their salary and let let them take the test again in 3 month. Fail a second time, deduct another 5 %. Give all the 5% savings to the teachers that pass the test. If you fail the test 3 times ... pull their teaching certificate.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

I like your "teacher's incentive plan" Warren - somehow I don't think the
unions would.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: currently Cobra-less
Not Ranked     

I've always thought that "Jaywalking" was staged, but apparently not.
How many sides does a triangle have- none haha
I imagine it makes one a bit nervous to speak in front of a camera
Old 10-08-2008, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison LS1
Not Ranked     

When I was still flying---it became apparent to me around about 1983-4, that after making an announcement about crossing the continental divide, and getting a blank ????? look from a flight attendant , that she didn't know what I was talking about---later discussing the event with some other crew members, it became apparent that none of the younger people had ever heard about it -----check it out---ask the young people you know about it----
Old 10-08-2008, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #570 w Shelby FE
Not Ranked     

Evidently not just a problem in the US, look at the other "related" videos...

Obviously since they're trying to make a point anyone with intellegent responses gets left on the cutting room floor.

Some of the stuff is a "mental hot-foot" like the 2nd place question, notice how they put the little helper cartoon in for the viewer. The colors on the British flag question (if you watched the other video), most people answered correctly, 2, the people posting the video evidently think white is a color...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #89, KCR aluminum 427 windsor
Not Ranked     

that looks like it was recorded on the Venice boardwalk... not exactly a haven for the country's braintrust... tho it might be a haven for the country's brainDEAD. Nonetheless, it's a pretty entertaining place on the weekends.
BDR #89- KCR aluminum 427 windsor, TKO-600
Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

Hey Jerry:
Many years ago a friend of mine and I were flying to Colorado. During the flight our conversation found its way to a discussion of the "jet stream". My friend explained to me that the jet stream was a result of jets flying across the country. I thought he was joking, he wasn't! We got into a big back and forth over it. We finally made a bet as to what the jet stream was. At the end of the flight we agreed to have the pilot decide if the jets caused the jet stream or if it just existed naturally as I claimed.

The pilot (United) sided with my friend, that's right, the jet stream is the result of planes flying back and forth across the country.

Bob
Old 10-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob In Ct View Post
The pilot (United) sided with my friend, that's right, the jet stream is the result of planes flying back and forth across the country.

Bob
I'm glad I never took United flights. The real scary thing is that they can also reproduce!

How many sides to a triangle? One! That would be a straight line you dummy! I wonder what percentage of the people that are asked get the questions correct? Hopefully it is very high.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     

One of those Kodak moments you never forget, I was driving home late one night in the late 60s just following the first moon landing. I was listening to a talk show (on AM) and a caller asked the host why the lunar lander didn't use a parachute to save fuel for escape. I started laughing when the host couldn't figure it out. They started this long stupid discussion thinking they were smarter than NASA.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2743, Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

The "Jet Stream" believers are likely to be the same ones who will be changing their light timers to compensate for the change back to "Standard Time"
Old 10-10-2008, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

The extra hour of daylight during Daylight Savings Time isn`t good for the plants . Need to lose an hour by going back to Standard Time .... that was an actual letter to the editor a while back .... as you said .... these people vote ????
Old 10-10-2008, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob In Ct View Post
Hey Jerry:

Bob
You have got to be kidding!!!!!! That is SCARY!!!!
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: