Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > AC MKIV

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default "93 MkIV Cobra by Autokraft

The fuel sender does not work. Does anyone know if the gas tank must be removed to change this part. If so does it come out through the trunk or the front after removing the seats. Also is this part a Smiths?
Also again on a seperate issue, does anyone have any experience with a Lexan windshield in place of an original glass unit.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Bill, did you ask this before or was that another Bill? I went through this myself.

On my AK the fuel level was 'rusted stuck' at 3/4 of a tank. You do NOT have to remove the tank but you will have to remove the rear bulkhead and light assembly. If you crack the lens, I believe it's a Land Rover part (as I was told by my previous owner). The seats can remain, just adjust forward. If they don't (like mine), take that opportunity to take the seats out and clean/lube the tracks.

You need the TB-9013 from Smiths. This is the 'six-hole, side-mount' fuel sender. Contact APT Instruments International Inc.

You will have to cut and adjust the float arm. I fashioned the arm to accept the float by wrapping the arm/wire around a properly sized socket. Make it tight. Fishing the float out of the tank is no fun. Get the arm 'bend' correct too, so it can read the level accurately. I copied the bend exactly but it never read above 3/4, so I would suggest bending the arm more downward so it reads higher.
Don't forget the aviation sealer, front and back. I found the included cork gasket to be a bit shy so I bought a gasket material kit and hand cut a thicker cork gasket and used a hole punch for perfect holes. The fatter gasket will help the tank to seal since the aluminum tanks' nuts will have budged a bit.

PM me if you need more help with wiring and/or testing.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default "93 MkIV

Yes, I did ask this before. But since then I have taken a better look at the situation which prompted my latest inquiry. Thanks for the response, I'm sure it will save me time on one of my winter projects.
I assume you do not have any input on the Lexan windshield.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Autokraft MkIV

I do not understand the connection between the tail lights and the front seats. I assume the bulkhead I am to remove is the front bulkhead located just rear of the seats in the cockpit. Or is the bulkhead located in the trunk just aft of the fuel tank.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

The bulkhead behind the seats covered in carpet.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 10-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Bill,

Sorry, I'm not the least bit familiar with Lexan replacements.

Also, as Mark IV clarified, the bulkhead just behind the seats. If your '93 is (was) like my '87, you have to twist off the bulkhead lens carefully, and take apart the bulb assembly which is self explanitory.