9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
cycleguy55's Albums
  Album Title Pictures Last Picture
Picture General stuff
9 05-19-2024 09:44 AM
Picture Armando's Racing Oil Pan - Ford 460
This is the pan I had built for my West Coast Cobra.

Built by Armando's Racing Oil Pans: https://goo.gl/photos/LV32eSaJ4uwCyRWY9

Pan came complete with crank scraper and pickup. With shipping and taxes is was under $600.

Here are the measurements for the pan height (bottom of pan is 1/4" above the bottom of my frame rails):
o Front: 8 5/8"
o Rear: 7"

In getting those measurements I put a straightedge across the frame rails and measured to the oil pan rails on the engine. Sent them to Armando and he built to those measurements.

Other:
o Drain plugs: 1 at front, 1 rear on the side of sump, as far back on the driver's side as possible
o 1/2" NPT bung at front for oil temperature sender
o 3/8" dipstick tube on passenger side
o Sump starts at the front of the pan and is almost full length (about 20" long).

Notes:
o Total pan capacity is about 12 litres. In retrospect it could have been made shallower if that much capacity isn't needed. By my reckoning, making it 8" deep at the front (5/8" shallower) would have reduced capacity to about 9 litres - still plenty for most applications.
o The pickup supplied requires a rear sump oil pump. Kaase BBF, Melling M-84D, M-84DV, or equivalent. You'll also need the special main cap bolt with extended stud to support the pickup tube.
5 02-08-2022 06:04 PM
Picture Everett Morrison Bumperettes
11 01-20-2021 09:57 AM