Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Elegant Motors
Not Ranked     
Default Any Women Cobra owners here?

I am interested to see if there are any other women that own Cobra's? This has been such a long difficult process and I am curious if it is being new to custom cars or being a woman that has made this more difficult.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebush,B2 Windsor 445
Not Ranked     

Yes ....there are quite a few whom I believe wear the old skirt at home!!! But then remove it when getting into the car!!!
There should be more of you GALS driving these cars great to see!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     

Check with heylittlecobra in Texas. She can fill you in on all of the aspects of not only running with mostly a guy hobby/sport, but also as a competitive driver on the track.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Exact 427 Carbon Car
Not Ranked     

Betty Boop is on Club Cobra and has one of the Exact Carbon Cars here in Austin. She is not very active on CC but drives her car all the time.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates (2001)
Not Ranked     

My wife says half of my car is hers, not sure which half but thats what she tells me.
and yes i would let her drive it but shes affraid she might scratch it.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Exact 427 Carbon Car
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyBob View Post
My wife says half of my car is hers, not sure which half but thats what she tells me.
Yours is the half that need to be worked on.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison- 351C
Not Ranked     

Guilty as charged! I love the looks I get when I drive it around town. I started to have NOTHISS (not his) on the tag; but decided to put HSSNHRS (his and hers) instead. I'm just sweet like that!

Last edited by HYM810ANCE; 10-29-2009 at 08:12 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BACKDRAFT
Send a message via AIM to SKINNEDR Send a message via Skype™ to SKINNEDR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyBob View Post
Those cars have 3 halfs to them and she will walk away with the first two halfs, and you would be guessing for a long while when while when will your half be handed out...
Dex...
Old 10-29-2009, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

yeah i know my half is the half that gets washed and waxed and polished and fixed when something goes wrong but her half is the half where she gets to sit and look pretty.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: classic roadster II 351 win
Not Ranked     

Hi Im rockman’s wife Karen, my husband is building me a 1966 classic roadster II for my 50th birthday. The car has a 351 Windsor dyno at 450hp, t56 tranny, and 8.8 ford rear with a Detroit locker. The chassis is almost ready to receive the body and we are trying to decide on the exterior and interior color scheme and of course blue is not an option. I found this site to be very informative but it has a tendency to be chauvinistic but that doesn’t stop me from using it as a tool for event and information because it’s all about the cobra!
Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WELCOME Karen and post some pictures of your Cobra........
Old 10-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile pics!

We want to see pictures of the Ladies Cobras

Dwight
Old 10-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hi, i LOVED having my cobra for around 4 1/2 years. It was perfect almost every minute- except those few times i was left stranded!- and being a part of the Texas Cobra Club, DFW branch, was absolutely the best!
I met many many folks around texas, and well really the country- as i trailered my car to Tulsa several times, Run n Gun, and even made a visit to London Cobra Show. The only thing i didn't do that i wish i had was to go to California for their cool thing. Can't remember the name of it.... Now it's something about hwy 1 or such.

The main thing i would recommend is to get involved with your local club- and see what things go on in your area, state wide too. Reptile Roundup is in the Florida, Ga area, and probably other things as well.
I have actually made personal friends with several of my Cobra buddies, and i think that is pretty awesome right there.

My husband enjoyed riding in the Cobra, but never drove it. He did ask once......
anyway, i didn't feel that the Cobra was a good car for him to drive. He has driven the 500 a few times.

David rarely attended events with me, as i used my 'car time' as mommy get away time, but occasionally he would come to a monthly dinner or such. My closer friends in the Dallas group have met him several times.

You can get a lot of help and support in whichever club you can find. If you don't have a local Cobra club, you can join a hot rod group, or a classic car group. Mustang groups are very welcoming of Cobra's, too.
Have fun, and make friends with folks you think are worthy of your time.

Club Cobra is an excellent source of information, and very reliable and quick.
I am very glad i was part of the CC community for so long.

I wearied of some of the posters, but generally had a wonderful experience with CC, the Texas Cobra Club, and the DFW area club.
I may be gone.... but never forgotten and i will come and go when i can.
Club Cobra has several women that frequent it, but of course not a lot in the big picture of the total membership.

Have fun!
Kristen
Old 10-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

I met this young lady at Run@Gun a while back, she was CC member where we had "spoken" and was every bit as nice and pleasant to meet as she had been, and still is, on this forum.
She handled that blue sled quite well as I remember........

Last edited by lineslinger; 10-30-2009 at 04:12 PM..
Old 10-30-2009, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Whatever happened to Cobra Girl 5?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Paint:Metalflakes Royal and Abalone stripes registered in France in 1973. Engine: Ford Shelby aluminium block, 482; two 4-barrels 600cfm Holley; Edelbrock Performer Aluminium heads,,fluid damper,4-speeds Aluminium Toploader (short), 2.88rear
Send a message via Skype™ to BOURRET
Not Ranked     

My first name is Reine, I own my Ram Cobra since 1997.When I was a little girl, I always dreamed that one day I shall have a Cobra.
I drive it in France and in Europe, my longest trip was Paris (France) to Poland to go to a drag racing event.
I run the french National drag racing trophy since 2005 , my best results were some first places and a general overall ranking of 2nd and 3rd. My best time on the quarter mile is 11.80s.
I always go to the competitions by the road, not on a trailer, I have driven more than 45 000 miles with my Cobra. I am a solitary driver and since I do not like to have to care about a passenger's comfort during my trips.
I do some basic mechanical work on it (electricity, carbs...) but not the big job such as the engine rebuilding. I still have much to learn and spend as much time working on the car as I can between two racing seasons.
My car is fairly modified, I have an excellent engine in it and it has a more oriented racing setting than a city setting.

Last edited by BOURRET; 10-30-2009 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: adding a picture
Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

reine that is an awesome looking Cobra.........and fast to.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hey, Reine, i was JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU!!
we have had many pm's and chat's over the years.
You are truly an inspiration to me, and many other female cobra drivers. I think what you do is absolutely awesome!!
glad to see you found this thread.

there are also several women drivers in Austalia... Mrs. Flatchatt or something like that, and a couple of others. Always nice to see them post. I don't know what happened to cobragirl5. also... there is 65LA that hangs around. Lissa, i think.

go cobra girls, go!! lol
Old 10-31-2009, 08:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Cobra Ladies

I am guessing that you purchased your Cobra's done or had someone that was in the business build for you. I made the mistake of thinking I could get a car at a deal partially started and hire people to do the job. Problem was I hired the wrong people, I asked the wrong questions and I didn't have enough basic knowledge of custom car building to make good decisions. I definately have a Master's in Cobra buidling now!! It's been 8 long years and I am finally close to getting this completed. I have to tackle the interior and registration. I did some different things but I am really happy with the way the car looks. I am surprised how opinionated car GUYS are... Having the Ford body with the Vette Engine and Frame...Oh If I have to hear "How could you do that" one more time. Or the color choice... the guy next to my shop kept saying "Why Barney Purple?" But then once he saw the color...I kid you not, he repainted his car.... PURPLE! From the start I didn't care about what people thought I should do, I built the car I always wanted. Now I hope that after all of this, I actually enjoy driving it.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Reine, that sounds amazing. To drive around Europe would be a dream come true for anyone. It gives me hope that all of this will be worth it.