Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Compomotive wheel spinner hell

One of my customers has been given the run around like you don't know for his set of spinners that are for his 17 inch HB Compomotive wheels he has paid for them but never got them and from what he's being told he will not get them from the US dealer. The over seas supplier is not helping at all and only will sell him a set of pitted and defective ones. Does any one know of any other spinners that will fit his wheels and were to get them. At this point even if we have to do a little machine work to get them to work we would consider trying any thing at this point.

Stop by and see what we are working on @ www.eddytheb.com
Old 12-09-2009, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2385K - 418W
Not Ranked     
Default Fat Chance....

I have Compomotive HB17's and you will be very lucky if you get an acceptable resolution through Compomotive...either in the USA or in the UK.

I have been having my own drama with them recently and was informed that Comp USA was supposedly working with a company called Kodiak (http://www.kodiakmotorsports.com) for some of the components of these wheels. I would check with them.

Also, I may be forced to look into new wheels for my car and was talking with the guys at "Team 3 Wheels" (http://www.team3wheels.com) and I am almost certain that they told me that they had actually made a bunch of spinners for unhappy Compomotive customers.

If you find any good sources for Compomotive components for their HB wheels....PLEASE post it here and send me a PM.

Thanks !

Pig

"Platinum-Level III - Master Automotive Ignoramus"

Last edited by Pigfarm70; 12-09-2009 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: correction
Old 12-09-2009, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The Compmotive wheels look nice, I have seen them spinners on a few Cobras. I am actually looking for a set of 17" wheels and was considering these, what do you think about the wheels and where did you purchase them? Thanks
Old 12-09-2009, 07:16 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

What is the thread and pitch that you need? Is it possible to use the Trigo knock offs on the Compomotive spin on adapters?

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 12-09-2009, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

call phill at ps engineering,310, 534 4477 , he should be able to take care of you.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default stay away

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautiboater View Post
The Compmotive wheels look nice, I have seen them spinners on a few Cobras. I am actually looking for a set of 17" wheels and was considering these, what do you think about the wheels and where did you purchase them? Thanks
allen at compotive wheels, was very hard to deal with, phils the guy you wanna deal with.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

We did and I have dealt with him in the past with very poor results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsnst1 View Post
call phill at ps engineering,310, 534 4477 , he should be able to take care of you.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 351w stroked 427 w/ 750 potatoe
Not Ranked     

I tried to order a new spinner or two about two years ago, I called the US office and got no results. Then tried the UK one and they said that they would try and contact them and asked me to try again. All in all I left 4 messages and never got a single return call.
Needless to say I picked up the spinners from a forum member instead.
I, in the future will never do anymore business with these guys.
Hope you have better results.
Todd
Old 12-11-2009, 01:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     

This is a copy of an email I sent to MotorSport Specialties Compomotive wheels this AM. BTW, I orginally ordered these wheels approx 10 months ago. They are for a FF5 IRS Pin Drive set up(not like it hasn't been done before)}}

Alan,
I have sent you two faxes in the past two days, made numerous phone calls requesting the tracking number for my wheels that we had agreed on Feb 20th, 2003 you would 3 day air mail on Monday Feb 24th, 2003
When we spoke on March 05, 2002 you stated that the wheels had been shipped ground 7 to 10 day delivery. I asked if you had shipped on Monday Feb 24, 2003 as we had agreed, you stated you did not know when the wheels had been shipped, and that you had not shipped 3 day air because you had lost money on this sale.
It's not my fault you lost money on this sale, I did not define the Backspace/offset the first two times the wheels were made wrong.

I have given you my fax number, my email address, my message phone, my cell phone, yet you still fail to contact me....WHY?

PLEASE CONTACT ME OR CONSIDER THE ORDER CANCELLED!

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.