Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default cobra party-reno-6/10-13/2010

just announced: there will be a cobra party again in reno this year! the event is called the extreme machine party-snake edition. see: www.dratpro.com for info
Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Motors, 351W, Richmond T-10 4 speed,
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrememachine View Post
just announced: there will be a cobra party again in reno this year! the event is called the extreme machine party-snake edition. see: www.dratpro.com for info
This could be a lot of fun but looks like it's still in the very early planning stages. For me it would be a blast tooling up to Reno from L.A. following HiWay 395 as I go with maybe an overnighter in Mammoth along the way. Would also be nice if they planed a cruise around Tahoe aside from the track events.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

hi
we've been planning for 4 months. there is a cruise planned to lake tahoe
Old 02-09-2010, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Looks like a great time. Other than the drive to Tahoe, what events are you planning? What are you doing differently than the WSCB?

What kind of response have you received from the various local Cobra car clubs in northern & southern CA, AZ, OR, WA, UT, NV, etc?

Have you established sign-up deadlines?

Looking forward to fun time again in Reno - weather should be great!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

thanks for your interest in our event. what we are trying to do differently is organizing more "group" activities. some of the activities (we are working on more) include a bbq for everyone during the tahoe drive, along with poker run stops. on saturday night, we will have a a wine tasting, after which we will have a sit down awards dinner followed by dancing. we are also planning some suprises, which we will not announce. we are always open for suggestions, so, what activities would you like us to organize?
i scheduled the event for june 10-13. the weather should be GREAT-not too hot, and no rain.
as far as responses and deadlines. there is limited amount of space, and in previous years, the bash sold out quickly. so, there has been no "deadlines" set at this point, however, we anticipate the event will sell out, creating it's own "deadline". so, get your registrations in early. the event has just recently been announced to the clubs. it seems like everyone was hoping there would be "another" event organized in reno, and i have had very favorable responses.
we have been working very hard, putting in many hours, planning and organizing this event. we are doing it out of the love of these cars, and the friendships they have generated.
drat productions
extreme machine party
www.dratpro.com
Old 02-17-2010, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

good news: it looks like reno-fernley track is being re-paved and will be ready for the event.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up reno-fernley track

i have just been in communication with the track. the new owners are working on it, and it looks as if we're in.
as far as deadlines for signing up: the deadline for the track event sign ups is march 31. there may be space after that, but with a premium (if any space is available).
the deadline for the hotel: the hotel has set aside a LIMITED number of rooms at a reduced price. these will be sold on a first come, first served basis. so get your hotel reservations in quickly.
the deadline for the event registration: you must register for the event in order to make the hotel reservations and track sign ups.

hope this clears up your question
Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Three months to go

From your website, it looks like you have been adding more goodies for the weekend. Sounds great. I am starting to hear the buzz growing. Should be a great time - and if one gets bored with Cobras, isn't that the weekend for the Resto-Mods in Reno - wow, two birds with one stone - outstanding timing and value. Thanks for offering the early bird specials - sign me up.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default extreme machine suggestions

thank you. we are working hard setting up more stuff, and getting more freebies to give away. we have an opportunity to take over the Lakeside Bar and Grill for our Sat. lunch. this is a GREAT location, right on the lake. the maxium number of people is 140. we will be posting this on our web site, but you will need to get in FAST on this one. lunch is $25/person, and includes delicious food.
we want your input...what would YOU like us to do, do differently, or not do at all, so that you have a great time? one suggestion was to have an auto cross with driving instruction, as opposed to reno-fernley track. this would greatlly reduce cost, be more "one on one", and take less time out of our busy schedule. let us know how you feel about this, or any other things

you may reply here on cc, or email me @ dratpro@aol.com
thanks
Old 03-17-2010, 01:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default caravaning

there are a number of people who want to set up caravans to reno. if you got one, or want to start one, please post your info
Old 03-23-2010, 08:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What's the latest on Fernley - will it be open? Do I still have time to sign up and get the discount?
Old 03-29-2010, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default cobra party

we have extended the "discount" time frame, so, yes, there is still time to get the discount.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default fernley track

we are still negotiating with the track for our event