Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 07:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     
Default CSX4213 on eBay

It's going to sell - reserve off, current bid $200,200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Lots of hype in the description. This one sold for $140K at Barrett Jackson in 2007.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:45 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-05-2010, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Did you see that carbon fiber hood scoop? First thing I'd do is get it painted.

There's no reason for this car to be in a museum. It should be driven.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1969 Mustang Fastback Pro-Street, constantly changing ongoing project!
Not Ranked     

If money were no object, I'd bid on it. Unfortunately, funds are limited right now,.. but I have a dollar & a dream so I'm playing the New York State Lottery. Soon as I win I'm going to have one of these (& all my friends too!).

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body; but rather a skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"
Old 06-05-2010, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

That's crazy. Basically $100k because it was owned briefly by Carroll. All the rest is nice, but easily available in any CSX.

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 06-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MkIII
Not Ranked     

I was "offered" this car last month. The guy wanted $265k for it.....I asked him if he needed help kicking his crack habit.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:54 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

With the latest safeguards in place on Ebay you have to question the "private auctions" from certain sellers. I'll leave it at that.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 06-05-2010, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4990-shelby 427
Not Ranked     

Excuse me while I go out and put a carbon fiber sticker on my hood scoop....
Old 06-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

C4 Vette front suspension?? Is that a 40th anniversary thing does anyone know. I might have to get the big book out....................
Old 06-07-2010, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to kris-kincaid Send a message via Skype™ to kris-kincaid
Not Ranked     

It looks like they got some photos mixed up. That suspension isn't on the Cobra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmate View Post
C4 Vette front suspension?? Is that a 40th anniversary thing does anyone know. I might have to get the big book out....................
Old 06-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

The 40th Anniversary Cobras were more expensive from the get go. As I recall they were selling for around $180K...??? Thereabouts.

Anyway, the economy has hurt all these cars. REAL and replica alike

God willing if we can get our Country turned around in November 2010 and November 2012 these cars hopefully will once again regain their value.

Also if the bid is legit at $200,200 and I don't know if it is or not...the fact that Shelby may retire and SA reduce its operations to performance parts only for Mustangs thereby ending Cobra production may likely turn the Shelby Cobra 40th anniversary edition and all other Shelby Cobras into instant classics IMHO. Maybe that has something to do with it????

Last edited by REAL 1; 06-07-2010 at 02:18 PM..
Old 06-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Also if the bid is legit at $200,200 and I don't know if it is or not...the fact that Shelby may retire and SA reduce its operations to performance parts only for Mustangs thereby ending Cobra production may likely turn the Shelby Cobra 40th anniversary edition and all other Shelby Cobras into instant classics IMHO. Maybe that has something to do with it????
Old 06-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

How funny is that!!!! and ironic!!!!... because that classic clip always comes to mind when I have to try and explain my posts to you that you routinely can't grasp. It is frustrating but patience is a virtue is what I repeat to myself when I take out some crayons to draw you a picture of what I'm saying so you don't misunderstand it. Usually still fails to get through though.

Again, here come the crayons....I didn't say the bid was legit, again, read slowly....I said "if" and noted that anticipation of SA eliminating Cobra production may account for such a bid on top of the 40th being limited in production.

Last edited by REAL 1; 06-07-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Old 06-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

You both are now asked to stay off this thread.

thanks
ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 06-07-2010, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon 427 S/C 428 FE+toploader
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Brilliant.
This is just like the Two Ronnies from the 70s.......

http://noolmusic.com/youtube_videos/...-_the_bore.php
start at 2:10....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eZpH...eature=related

I love dropping in to see whats kicking off.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

Correct me if I am wrong but the "40th anniv cars " was when they first started the 4000 continuation series cars and all 40 were alum correct? When were these built? Was it supposed to be 40th anniv of the 427 or 40th anniv of the 289 cars?

I had seen a couple of these change hands through auctions for the $150-175K range so I guess (although I wouldnt pay that much for it) that a $25-30K bump for being owned by Carroll isnt too much of a stretch.
Ron
Old 06-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but the "40th anniv cars " was when they first started the 4000 continuation series cars and all 40 were alum correct? When were these built? Was it supposed to be 40th anniv of the 427 or 40th anniv of the 289 cars?
The 40th Anniversary version was a marketing program started in 2002 as the 40th year since the birth of the Cobra (1962). Our friend Bob Marsh (RIP) ran the program; it was an upsell on either an alum 427 or a 'glas CSX8000 street car.

Here are the details of the program:

Quote:
Shelby American Inc
03-22-2002
40TH ANNIVERSARY COBRA PROGRAM

The car commemorates the 40th anniversary of the first Cobra. This special vehicle is limited to 40 units, commemorating the 40th year. The units will be available to the customer either as a fiberglass CSX8000 Street Car or as an aluminum CSX4000 S/C Roadster, depending on customer order preference and the production run will be halted once 40 orders are received.

The vehicles in the series are based on standard units, to assure timely delivery based on prior production experience. The units have added features however to distinguish them and additional standard options. They include unique special badging and a unique common color. Whether the customer chooses the Street Car or the 427 Roadster, the units will have similar markings and trim to distinguish them as being part of the special series. The only exception to the common color is a polished aluminum version of the 427 as an addition cost option. Both the Street car and 427 Roadster have similar interiors including glove box and other street car features.

They created a 40th Anniversary blue as the unique color. The car came with special badging and interior trim, as well as Shelby-branded vintage gauges.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the heads up on the Vette suspension thing Kris.

Looking at this pic I'm left scratching my head where in the heck they got this pic and WHY is it in this Ad? It doesn't look anything like Cobra suspension. Weird oil pan too, missing anti roll bar shown in another pic. How could such a fundamental mistake be made for a $200,000 car.

Or, am I the one that is mistaken??