28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default A Modern Cobra?

I've seen so many modern renditions of the Cobra but this one really caught my eye. Sorry about the size.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Smile

Kinda like this one huh.

www.bxrmotors.com

Hersh
Old 06-23-2010, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hmmmm. Very similar but just a tad too much on the "Transformers" side for me. That Cobra Venom with the new 31mpg, 310Hp V6 Ford mill would be very cool for a daily driver.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Yeah, you are right. I personally would go for
the Venom. I have a 350Z and it is a hoot to drive.
One of the best cars I ever drove. The Venom would probably be similar in performance.

Hersh
Old 06-23-2010, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Another...

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte..._cobra_003.jpg

Hersh
Old 06-23-2010, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Exactly. Taking a well-done body "kit" like that Cobra Venom shape and using a 350Z as a donor might be the future of kit cars. Even using a typical cobra frame and slapping on a body like that would find someone a fortune. That thing has mass appeal.

I'll most likely be buried in my Cobra but I'd LOVE to have a second car that's water tight with AC and heat that still looks and drives sh!t hot.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

UGH! The only thing I really didn't like on the Cobra Venom was the BMW-like side vents and you had to go and find that! I just wet myself.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

There is a lot of designs that revolve around the original Cobra. One of my favorites was the one Buzz did when Ford showed the new Cobra rendition. I think those drawings Buzz did are still
somewhere on this site. They were really spot on
for a replica redo.

Hersh
Old 06-24-2010, 08:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #766, FE V8, Toploader
Not Ranked     

The Venom looks classy and outstanding, the others less so due to their gaudy detailing IMHO.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Yeah, some BMW suspension and modern touches... what a concept.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPC #0039, 427R Roush
Not Ranked     

Nice. There's always the Iconic for those who have won the lottery!

Rick
Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

lol jay But seriously, lets not forget its been done , Shelby signed off and every thing....its a Chrysler and a v10 . I know , go figure lol
SDR
________
DODGE 440 HISTORY

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 04:33 PM..
Old 06-27-2010, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Maybe if I had grown up seeing this style maybe would feel different.Too old school love the originals with their looks.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1476 - Keith Craft 445ci, 636hp 613tq
Send a message via Skype™ to skippy
Not Ranked     

I'm a fan of the modern look... These seem alot better than ones i have seen in the past...
Old 06-28-2010, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdross1 View Post
Maybe if I had grown up seeing this style maybe would feel different.Too old school love the originals with their looks.
You people from Maine type like you talk?
Old 06-28-2010, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex CSX3327, & AK7113 AutoKraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     
Default modern cobra

Try a 2000's BMW Z8....incredible car if you have spare 100K and will appreciate!!!
Old 07-21-2010, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

This just in...

Reports are in that the Iconic roadster is set for production starting in 2011. Apparently Iconic Motors LLC has struck a deal with the trademark-holder of "AC Cars" (you do know who I'm talking about, don't you...? ) and is ready to accept customer orders for the car.

Here is the press release:

Muscle cars got their start in the 1960s, which many car fans still consider the high point of U.S. automotive prowess. They reached the peak of power, performance, and fascination around 1970, after which restrictions related to pollution and insurance-and steeply rising fuel prices-slowly started killing them off. However, their styling and brute horsepower kept the notable stalwarts of that period alive with enthusiasts everywhere. Fast forward to 2010, ICONIC Motors, one of the automobile industry's premier luxury and high performance vehicle makers is answering the call for enthusiasts. For those who crave unparalleled power and innovative performance, ICONIC Motors answers with 2011 ICONIC AC Roadster™. A modern-era muscle car which pays tribute to its historic brethren via its appearance while showcasing the technological advancements of today underneath its skin.

The 2011 ICONIC AC Roadster is designed from the ground up to be one of the world's most completely refined and advanced super cars. Virtually no other vehicle on the planet has undergone the same kind of engineering development and attention to detail as the ICONIC AC Roadster. ICONIC Motors stayed true to its mantra of Uncompromised Excellence™ and focused its efforts on delivering a one-of-a-kind timeless automotive masterpiece that will live on for the ages. The 2011 ICONIC AC Roadster is the first of many uniquely designed modern-era muscle cars that blend the legendary design cues of the past with the technology of the future.

"The ICONIC AC Roadster is more than just a car, it's among the world's most refined and beautifully designed super cars. It's the lightest, strongest, most well engineered, high performance roadster of our time. The engine, drive train, support electronics and overall chassis make this one of the most complete vehicle packages on the market today and is made right here in the USA," said Claudio Ballard, chairman and founder, ICONIC Motors.

What sets ICONIC Motors apart from any other car company in the world is its design, advanced material sciences and testing process. Almost every individual CAD designed part is an exclusive ICONIC Motors creation and allows for ICONIC to test each element of the car before assembly to ensure each works seamlessly with optimized strength and weight. This innovative process allows for ICONIC Motors to capture the look and style of timeless classic roadsters from the 1950s and '60s, while infusing all of the modern technology and engineering available today, this super car is truly the first of its kind.

The partnership between ICONIC and AC Cars® represents the modern synthesis of the rich history and heritage of the AC brand which spans over 100 years. Having been founded in the UK, AC possesses a dash of Italian heritage dating from the late '50s thru '60s, and has come to represent the shape and form of collectable automobiles for many generations. The ICONIC AC Roadster pays homage to the historic AC Cobras of the 1960s, in a modern and singularly refined way. Since its inception, the ICONIC Motors brand strives for automotive excellence by building one of the worlds most complete and technologically advanced roadsters.

AC Cars' goal was to find a world-class partner whose uncompromising commitment to quality and innovation would be worthy of the AC brand, heritage, and partnership. That goal became reality with ICONIC Motors, which was chosen to help re-launch the AC brand in the United States, sporting the "ICONIC AC Roadster" nameplate.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'd sure like to a have a dollar for every press release thats been out over the last few years announcing yet another "AC" roadster about to go into production, blah, blah, blah.

I'm surprised the owner of the AC license is still walking around, considering the number of people, states and countries that have been "lubed" by him. The guy must be teflon coated, or covered in some kind of slippery lube. Oh, I know, we could call it Lube-insky, VERY slippery stuff that...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Just saw this in Autoweek today. They're planning a 100 car run at $475K per car.

2012 Iconic AC Roadster
http://www.autoweek.com/article/2010...IEWS/101019942

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 10-14-2010, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Just dreaming at this point
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
They're planning a 100 car run at $475K per car.
Ha........that's a business plan destine to fail. I love when these guys gin up a business plan that has annual production in the 1000's of cars or a price tag like $475K.

The Ford GT took hundreds of millions of dollars in development costs (engineering and facilities) and at best they could do was a couple thousand a year at $150K a piece. And that was with UNLIMITED amounts of resources of anyone we needed within Ford's engineering/manufacturing ranks....no questions asked.

These guys are on crack to think they will sell 100 of them a year at 1/2 million a piece. Unfortunately the only way to make the business model look like it will make money is to jack the annual production forecast in the 1000's or way overprice the car so the investment bankers will actually lay out the capital to fund the project.