Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 15 Days To Go till Shelby CSX Price increase

Its time to order your CSX 6000 427 S/C car as the Shelby-mandated $ 10,000.00 price increase goes into effect on December 1st.

Base price MSRP is $ 49,995.00

After December 1st base price MSRP will be $ 59,995.00

Save ten grand and get a real CSX Shelby Cobra in your garage!!

www.goplanetcobra.com
Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Homebuilt, .060 over 428 FE Dual Quad
Not Ranked     

Yup get in line for your "REAL" Replica!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:48 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

What major improvements has Shelby done to their offerings to justify the $10,000 increase in base pricing?

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 11-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Based on CW's post, I deleted mine.

Sorry.

Last edited by Silverback51; 11-16-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Old 11-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmjg View Post
Yup get in line ...
...etc.

Guys...opinions run in all directions and everyone is entitled to express their's on this site.

However, stephen_becker is an authorized Shelby dealer and an advertising supporter of this site. As such, he is permitted to post news and info related to his business.

...and he should be able to do that without a large dose of opinion...at least on his business-related posts.

I would ask that just legit questions be asked of Planet Cobra about the topic here.

Feel free to start your own thread with any divergent opinions.

Thanks

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 11-16-2010, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by computerworks View Post
Feel free to start your own thread with any divergent opinions.

Thanks

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Let me get this straight. So what you're saying is that if a supporting vendor starts their own thread about promoting their product, then everyone should play nice. But if any other user creates their own thread (or posts within another) that is abusive toward said supporting vendor and/or product line, then that's okay?

Back on topic. As for the OP, I hope he sells a gazillion of them at whatever price the market will bear. It's called capitalism, something our current leadership has failed to grasp.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

Stephen,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but what about existing stock for a dealer that might have a CSX roller in the showroom? Does that roller bump up 10k also?
This isn't a smart a$$ question or flame. Just wondering.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yes, if A dealership has one in stock, on or after 12/01 then the MSRP for the in-stock csx car moves to $ 59,995.00

SGB
Old 11-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
What major improvements has Shelby done to their offerings to justify the $10,000 increase in base pricing?

Bill S.

none - No improvements just a higher price to cover the weak dollar, increase production costs, material costs, etc.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:56 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_becker View Post
none - No improvements just a higher price to cover the weak dollar, increase production costs, material costs, etc.
Thanks, I appreciate the concise (and candid) response.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 11-16-2010, 02:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

Just honest feedback from someone who bought his roller at $49995. I am all for capitalism since I own 2 businesses BUT when optioned I was above $60K before I got to motor and powertrain. Considering in todays market they are worth (even still on original MSO) at best $90-100K I wouldn't do it again considering you will be at $60-70K for the roller, $20K or more for motor and trans IF you are on a budget, $10K for the install you are still well over $100-120K. Just be prepared for it to be worth less than $100K as soon as you take possession. I didn't buy mine for an investment I bought it to enjoy the car, but I know some have and IMHO, anyone who thinks the continuation cars will increase in value will be waiting a long time, if ever.
csx4910
Old 11-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

FWIW, new is new and used is used, but I love this used CSX at $90K obo:

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...uct=3234&cat=2
Old 11-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

@ csx4910: When I was shopping for my Kirkham 15 mos ago, the CSX glass and KMP were priced within a grand (total build). I was a bit torn. I'm not a detractor of CSX glass. In fact, I like them a lot. There was 'something' about aluminum and all that comes with a Kirkham, and that's why I ended up going that way. But I wonder what the extra 10k will do to the folks who might be on the fence over a glass CSX or KMP? Come to think of it, what would I have done?

@ Rodknock: I noticed too. There are a couple of sweet deals in the 80k range for gently used CSX glass car right now.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
@ csx4910: When I was shopping for my Kirkham 15 mos ago, the CSX glass and KMP were priced within a grand (total build). I was a bit torn. I'm not a detractor of CSX glass. In fact, I like them a lot. There was 'something' about aluminum and all that comes with a Kirkham, and that's why I ended up going that way. But I wonder what the extra 10k will do to the folks who might be on the fence over a glass CSX or KMP? Come to think of it, what would I have done?

@ Rodknock: I noticed too. There are a couple of sweet deals in the 80k range for gently used CSX glass car right now.
Rodney, I think we've discussed this a plenty.

Cobra buyers who want a CSX will buy a CSX. Obviously, if they can afford the alloy CSX, then that's what they'll get.

Cobra buyers who want an alloy Cobra for basically the same price range as a glass CSX (per CSX4910, a CSX roller with options is $60K soon to be $70K) and don't mind that it's not a CSX, will buy the Kirkham.

There are some Cobra buyers who will not buy a CSX and opt for the Kirkham. And then there are buyers who will not buy a Kirkham and opt for the CSX.

There are some Cobra buyers who don't want aluminum period and don't want or can't buy a glass CSX, and then choices are voluminous.

Just different people want different things. Chocolate and vanilla. That's how I see it.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

I didnt know about the kirkham then or I would of went that way for about the same money. My roller ended up at $65K with pretty much all the options except for stripes so that same car would be $75K now as a roller. Most of the rollers I have seen advertised have options addded to them so I would suspect most of these new rollers are going to be higher than $59995. More power to them if they can sell at that price but to me it is like pricing your house $10000 higher to compensate for a bad economy. Doubt they will have people lining up to pay extra in a bad economy unless there is extra value.

I love my car but if I had to do it over again I would do that KMP to get the alum. I have kicked myself for not going csx alum as I could of had one for under a $20K difference. I understand now it is a $40-50K difference.
csx4910
Old 11-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by csx4910 View Post
I love my car but if I had to do it over again I would do that KMP to get the alum. I have kicked myself for not going csx alum as I could of had one for under a $20K difference. I understand now it is a $40-50K difference.
csx4910
Earlier this year, I believe aluminum rollers were priced at $120,000 for a roller. Not sure about options. But, prices may and probably have changed.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Just be prepared for it to be worth less than $100K as soon as you take possession.
Well, thats typical for just about every car on the market, as soon as you leave the dealers lot, BAM, you've lost thousands. What may be different is that the steady decline in value of any given new car can be tracked and forecast rather well through a five year period. 20, 30, 40% loss in five years. While a Cobra is not an investment, the depreciation aint bad all things considered.