23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 11:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     
Default A Cobra may be the best commuter car ever.

I needed a break from the usual this morning. It was a little cool (42), but clear and calm, generally looking to be a nice day. So I fired up the Cobra and headed off to start my commute.
Rancho Cucamonga to Northridge, Ca. 66.5 miles one way.
As I reached the freeway (210 west @ Archibald) I was greeted by a sea of red lights. Craaaaaaaap!
What should have been a smooth 1hr 5 min jaunt, turned into a 2hr and 10 min slog..
Crashes, morons and plethora rude bastards were the icing of the slow traffic cake.
The only thing worse than a idiot reading the news paper, sloppily laid across the steering wheel, while driving.
...would be a complete idiot in a Prius with an Ipad on the steering wheel, completely disconnected from the world around him.
I’m ok with traffic, so long as the wheels keep rolling. When they stop, I go into IED mode. But I digress.
My patience was running thinner than the cylinder walls of a twice rebuilt FE…
In frustration I blipped the throttle. The motor snapped to attention, not skipping a beat, the sound waking me from my angry trance.
I took a sip of coffee as my blood pressure began to stabilize.
How could this angry old race car be handling this better than I?
Happily idling along for the better part of an hour. Not running hot. Not loading up. Clutch not chattering.
Performing perfectly be it completely outside its realm.
I looked at the shape of those beautiful fenders and scoop filling my windshield. I suddenly felt involved, strapped in tight, acutely aware of the pedals and the shifter, listening to the crackle of the exhaust, saturated by the Cobra experience. Remembering the first time I pumped the pedal and turned the key. Sigh… that was a great day.
I wondered if Mr. I-penis was enjoying his 45 mpg as much a I was enjoying my 10---ish…

I don’t think so.

The constipated mass finally freed up a little when I got thru Pasadena. But my view had changed.
Not a bad way to spend a couple of hours.

D-cel
Old 12-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well that was inspiring, it's a balmy 46 here, I should go out for a drive and quit whining about how cold it is.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

My first drive in my Cobra was a winter day, it started to rain and I was stuck in Norcal on the freeway waiting for a three car pileup to move out of the way. My wife called me on the phone and asked me how I was doing. I said "I'm in a traffic jam on the freeway on a Friday afternoon and it's raining. but I'm DRIVING A F--KING COBRA" Didn't mind it a bit!
Old 12-02-2010, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

I drove mine from Irvine to San Diego the day I bought it, and was stuck in stop and go traffic the entire way. The weather was the exact oposit for me though. It was hot and sunny and I did not bring a hat. I was sweaty and sunburned by the time I got home. The car ran great though...
Old 12-02-2010, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

D-cel

Did you get any thumbs up while sitting in traffic or any other interaction with the regular commuters
Old 12-02-2010, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR from Levy Racing 302 FI w/Edelbrock Performer heads
Not Ranked     

When I got ours it was 115. Never driven a car with this power to weight ratio. Other than drinking 3 bottles of water it was a great day.

Vietnam Vets may be eligible for medical care and disability compensation. Contact the VA if you have prostate cancer or type 2 diabetes. Finally got around to going to the VA.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Titanium/Black BDR934, Ford
Not Ranked     

The Weather is so beautiful here in South Florida right now that I have been taking my cobra to work most days, in fact, my daughter often asks me to take the cobra since I take her to school on my way in to work and she loves it.
No better way to start the day IMO ( a quickie in the morning would be nice too but one can't have it all )
Old 12-06-2010, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

Cobrarob,
Yea I get 2-3 every trip it seems. Its kinda sad when you get numb to it. I try to acknowledge everybody that does it.
I think im gonna drive it tomorrow it the weather hold!!

5:30 am west bound 210!! LOL

Jason
Old 12-06-2010, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Is it worth all that frustration.Every time I take my car for a spin no matter what the highway dolls out,always return home "Higher than a Peach Orchard Boar"!