Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

I remember these cars from back in the "day" .. Great thread. Oh..IF someone has one for sale could ya email me @ ttastage2@yahoo.com

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 04-23-2011, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It was a very nice article. I had the pleasure to meet Jack Griffith at the Amelia Island Concourse this past March. He is a wonderful person.

I own a Griffith 600 GT (Intermeccanica body). The 600s were Mopar 273 powered. I would like to pick up a series 200 or 400, but always seem to arrive too late. If anyone knows of an early car for sale, I would love to provide it a good home.

Here is a link to some photos of two series 200 cars, 400 and my 600. It also has a photo of Jack Griffith. 2011 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Gallery - 'Griffith' - Supercars.net

Dan
Old 04-24-2011, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I currently own a Griffith 600, but have always wanted a 200 or 400. I had the chance to meet Jack Griffith at the Amelia Island Concourse last month where several of his cars were on display. He is a wonderful person. Here is a link to some photos of the Griffiths that were at Amelia Island. 2011 Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance Gallery - 'Griffith' - Supercars.net

If anyone knows of an early Griffith that needs a new home, I would love to assist. Thanks, Dan
Old 12-28-2011, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Any other old 60s Griffiths 200/400 with interesting history out there? Anyone have any video of Griffith 200/400 that is already not on yourtube? Any photos? I would love to see some more footage of these 60's supercars if possible.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Griffith 400
Not Ranked     
Default Griffith 400

I'm nearing the end of a 7 year restoration/complete upgrade to a '66 Griffith 400. They are a challenge from all sorts of different viewpoints. The original cars have a tube frame originally designed for a 4 cyl, 1966 style brakes, and even a fiberglass body pan with the seats bolted directly to.
So given that, a restoration is great, but maybe not for track days, etc.
The other route is to abandon authenticity and redo the car for better safety and performance. That's great, but it is a long, expensive task. I had the chassis completely redone, with full cage, steel pan, all new heim joint control arms, with a 2" roll ctr in ft and 4" in rear, 8.8 Ford IRS with torsen, 27 gallon cell, dry sump, made the body completely removable, 364 alum block Yates head efi engine, etc etc.
Body, revised for larger rubber, all in poly primer now. Fitting ft and rr swaybars, etc. hope to have complete this spring.
Hope springs eternal.
RD
Old 01-05-2012, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Griffith restoration

Sounds like you have an amazing Griffith! I would love to see some photos of the project as it has evolved...It would also be wonderful to see video of the car on youtube...especially when you get it running/driving. Griffiths are an unbelievable "ride"...the exhaust tune alone is music to my ears.

I am at the beginning of the restoration experience with my Griffith 200. I am not sure of the direction as of yet...but I appreciate the input. Thank you very much for your post.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Griffith 400
Not Ranked     
Default Griffith 200/400

The Griff is a great little car, but like almost any mid sixties car, leaves a lot to be desired with the safety standards we have today. That may or may not be a consideration, depending on the project goals.
The car is now in the "final, final chassis details" stage, getting as close to everything done as possible before the chassis is coated/ painted before everything is put back together. We've been doing this last minute stuff for a few weeks now... In the meantime I sent the 364 down to Élan in GA for a new Motec ECU, and dyno session.
For such a dimensionally small project, it's a big job. But after years of on again off again, family illnesses, you name it, the Griff is nearing the end of its gestation.
When we have the chassis coated and put back together, I'll post a bunch of photos. The video is a great idea, good to do a few to document things and give others who may be doing similar projects some food for thought so they can make their own versions and improvements.
I'll be in touch as things progress.
RD

Last edited by RRD; 01-05-2012 at 07:36 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 04-13-2012, 12:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA Street, 351W
Not Ranked     

At one time my friend owned two Griffith 400s at the same time. Numbers 46 and 36. I missed out when he sold them. I would like to buy one now. A project is O.K. with me. Mr. O'Rourke, would yours be for sale at this time, or your friend's 400 you referred to? Anyone else entertaining the thought of selling your Griffith 400....or 200.....or Tuscan V8? Any leads are welcomed as well. Take care all.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default 1965 Griffith 200 Restoration

I began to disassemble my vintage Griffith 200 today for a complete not/bolt restoration. I took a quick walk around my Griffith to show the "before look" prior to beginning disassembly. If you love vintage iron...you'll love an old Griffith. Have a look...and enjoy the tour.

1965 Griffith 200 - YouTube

Old 10-20-2012, 07:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for sharing. Please don't over-restore it. Keep it a raw, snotty little sports car. In fact, i think it's damn fine as is.
I'd autocross the hell out of it.
Lucia289 likes this.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I love those cars. Thanks for the video. And good luck with the resto.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Any web sites for these cars ???

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 11-27-2012, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Home Page
Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi, newbie on the forum as landed here under my Griffith search & already sent to some of you on this discussion PMs of your cars.

Looking for a TVR Griffith to buy. Any hints or available or potentially available cars will be highly appreciated. I am a private person looking for a keeper for myself.

Location or the condition of the car is irrelevant

You can contact me via private message by clicking "PAW" on this message.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last edited by PAW; 03-28-2013 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: Erased duplicate
Old 03-29-2013, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TVR Griffith Cobra body!
Not Ranked     
Default My Cobra is one !

My Cobra IS a Griffith 400 with FFR ugly crap body on it ! Used Backdraft inner panels bonded together. Strech frame 5 inches up front. 3.70 Vette rear, retained all orig parts smiths gauges, wiring, everything. Bought car 1979 for $200. Got body free gift new ! Got new 5.0 & 5 sp. From Ford new 1985.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeel View Post
My Cobra IS a Griffith 400 with FFR ugly crap body on it ! Used Backdraft inner panels bonded together. Strech frame 5 inches up front. 3.70 Vette rear, retained all orig parts smiths gauges, wiring, everything. Bought car 1979 for $200. Got body free gift new ! Got new 5.0 & 5 sp. From Ford new 1985.
Squeel. Sent you a private message
Old 09-09-2013, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Griffith 200 Restoration

My Griffith 200...fresh from the painter. Take a look at "before" photos of my Griffith (red) earlier in this thread and see the "after" photos below. The Griffith was painted back to its original color...with the addition of some period racing stripes. I get the engine (original Hipo 289...balanced, blueprinted, new pistons, intake, hydraulic cam kit, windage tray, high volume water pump, Holley 650 etc) back from the builder next week. Should be putting out around 310-330 HP. I am going to mate it up to the original four speed wide ratio toploader transmission (rebuilt by David Kee) and the period installed XKE 3.54 powerlock differential (rebuilt by Vintage Jag Works). All this set in and on a new powdercoated 4130 chrome moly chassis (.085 wall thickness). Please take a look at the photos and let me know what you think.
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Griffith 200 for sale

1965 Griffithe Series 200 for sale

Here is a nice Griffith that is for sale...
Old 09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Myself/Body from CSX-2575 & hand built Birdcage
Send a message via Skype™ to map
Not Ranked     

Not a 200/400 but a 2500M I built for Zappa racing.
https://picasaweb.google.com/73turbo...ForZappaRacing