Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Shelby Cobra CSX 6000 Charity Raffle Tickets Only $10

Enter To Win An Authentic Shelby Cobra From Shelby America. Its CSX 6096. Solid Red in color with a Ford FE Engine. Tickets are only $10 and Benefit Giant Steps charity.

Win With A Cobra

(805) 714-4444

Last edited by winwithacobra; 07-22-2011 at 10:35 AM..
Old 07-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

I am surprised that the Giant Steps charity does not have a link to your site cross promoting your raffle for them.

I assume that you are a different organization from Giant Steps collecting the funds to donate to them after the raffle, which is similar to how the London Cobra Club collects funds from their raffle to donate to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I would feel more comfortable buying raffle tickets from you if I knew who you were and your relationship to Giant Steps. I am familiar with the London Cobra Club and their track record of Cobra raffles and have purchased tickets from them in the past.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Club Cobra does seem like a good place to market your raffle, but the audience here is going to want more details about the car, like:

- What kind of motor is this? Original 60's Ford iron block? Modern day aluminum block? Pond? Shelby?
- The name of the engine builder
- Who put the car together? A Shelby Dealer?
- What kind of transmission? Original 4 speed top-loader? Modern day 5 or 6 speed?
- etc.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Always suspect of these things....
Old 07-22-2011, 10:29 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Is this the actual car pictured? If so, what is the CSX# assigned to it? Also, does the car come with a Florida title?

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 07-22-2011, 10:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Car has a cast iron vintage Ford 427 Engine which is an original. 1965 date coded block. Low riser set up with heads to run on unleaded fuel. Car is CSX 6096, glass body, signed by Carroll Shelby. Car has a Tremec 5 speed transmission. Charity is Giant Steps Equine. We will be at Monterey Historics, Hot August Nights, and Barrett Jackson in Las Vegas, NV. Hope to see you there. Can also buy tickets thru the website

Last edited by winwithacobra; 07-22-2011 at 10:45 AM..
Old 07-22-2011, 10:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here is our Copy of the Ad to Run in Dupont Registry in September Issue

Win With A Cobra at the Pismo Beach Classic with Carroll Shelby Foundation and Barrett Jackson in June 2011

Pismo Beach Classic 2011

Last edited by winwithacobra; 07-22-2011 at 10:46 AM..
Old 07-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In your Pismo Beach Classic 2011 link, in the video there is also a white Cobra with blue stripes with a "Win A Cobra" sign on it. Is that car being raffled for another charity?

Well, I prefer red anyway. I purchased tickets for your Cobra raffle thru the paypal link: Win With A Cobra

The charity looks worthwhile. My brother's step daughter has some disabilities and enjoys riding horses.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

I've asked in the other forums and here too:

Is the car new or used? How many miles?

Who was the dealer that sourced it?

Who was the builder that installed power train?
Old 07-23-2011, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The raffle car is the red cobra. It has 100 miles on it. We have been putting a few miles on it in getting it to the events, car shows, gala dinners, etc. Its a new car for all intensive purposes. We always haul the two cobras for our displays. Two cobras always makes for a more impressive display than just one.

Thanks for your donation, Win With A Cobra
Old 07-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
I've asked in the other forums and here too:

Is the car new or used? How many miles?

Who was the dealer that sourced it?

Who was the builder that installed power train?
And like I said earlier, it would be nice to know who built the engine. Was it a well know shop like Keith Craft?

It would also be cool if you had a video where we could hear the engine running.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
And like I said earlier, it would be nice to know who built the engine. Was it a well know shop like Keith Craft?

It would also be cool if you had a video where we could hear the engine running.
Perhaps you would like a test drive, a certificate of authenticity, and a guest appearance on Top Gear before you lay out a whopping $10 donation with a chance to win a Cobra charity car.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X #99 View Post
Perhaps you would like a test drive, a certificate of authenticity, and a guest appearance on Top Gear before you lay out a whopping $10 donation with a chance to win a Cobra charity car.
Well, I bet the car comes with some sort of certificate of authenticity signed by Shelby... but why would I want a guest appearance on Top Gear.

Like I said, I already made my donation. I thought my suggestions might be helpful to generate more interest in the raffle on the clubcobra forum. This thread was started on July 7th and completely ignored until I replied to it yesterday. And the only reason that I even noticed this thread was Ron closing a second thread by the same poster yesterday.

clubcobra does seem like a good place to promote this raffle. But it seems that the poster has not been effective at generating much interest here so far. For the sake of the charity, you would hope that he could sell as many tickets as possible. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut, the fewer tickets sold, increase the odds in my favor.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The cobra has the certificate of authenticity from Shelby American, Inc with Carroll's Signature. I will have to post up a youtube video of the engine sound that only a Ford FE engine can produce. You will not get the gas smell though through the internet.

The odds are very good so far. Way better than the lottery. Only $10 donation gets you in on the drawing. You have to be in it to win it. Its all for charity. A great cause. Here is a link to the Charity Giant Steps 501c(3).

Giant Steps
Old 07-29-2011, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The Car is at the Giant Steps Horse Show and Benefit this weekend and next weekend. July 26 to Aug 8. Its at the Sonoma Horse Park just off of Lakeview Highway and Highway 37. Its literally 5 minutes away from Infineon Raceway. This weekend they have the drag racing. If anyone wants to see the hear the cars come out to the Sonoma Horse park. You can buy tickets onsite for the raffle. The Benefit dinner is Saturday Aug 6 at 3:30 pm. at the Horse Park.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR SLC, Graziano 6-spd, LS3
Not Ranked     

Word of warning on using Paypal - they shut us down when they found out we were selling raffle tickets. Apparently "gambling" is against their user agreement.

Pete
Ohio Cobra Club Board
Old 07-29-2011, 07:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It has to be set up as a donation. This is how paypal advised me to set it up. I have two shopping carts in place just in case.

If anyone is in the Napa Sonoma area for events at Infineon Raceway. Make the drive to the Sonoma Horse Park. There is equestrian competition, fine dining, and shelby cobras. What more can you ask for. Its free to the public.

The Grand Prix is Saturday July 30, 2011 at 6pm. Its at 7600 Lakeview Highway in Petluma, CA. If you are at Infineon come out to the Sonoma Horse Park.

Last edited by winwithacobra; 07-30-2011 at 04:48 PM..
Old 08-06-2011, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just a reminder that tonight is the Giant Steps Gala Event at the Sonoma Horse Park at 3:30 pm. If anyone is at Infineon for mini bats we are a 5 minute drive from Gate 9 parking entrance.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Shelby Cobra Raffle

Here are Pictures from the Gala. They brought in a couple of belly dancers. They are not included with the shelby cobra.

Name:  206151_10150328467221350_281082356349_9950209_2534804_n.jpg
Views: 1488
Size:  37.8 KB
Old 08-09-2011, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

It may have been posted, what year is it titled as?

Ralphy
Closed Thread

Tags
carroll shelby, ford 427, ford fe, shelby american, shelby cobra