LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother View Post
I personally was aware of oil useage problems with Roush motors. That's is why I did not purchase an engine from Roush. I live in Canada, and not way I wanted the head aches for a problem motor this far away from the manufacturer.
Mother, now that I am back from Roush I am starting to lean a little more toward the fact that some things are exagerated on the net and there is no truthful filtre for info being published... and maybe a bunch of people ***** to get free work done after warranty.

In my case, there was unusual oil usage but nothing that could not be fixed. I was really unluckly when the dogbone broke... and the oil problem was nothing that could not be fixed.

As for the Usa Canada issue border crossing is a nothing issue these days for 50$ you can broker it accross the border and knowing what I know now I would not hesitate to order another Roush. please read my next post.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Werk77 289FIA
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by james911pro View Post
.... please read my next post.
...1 Year and 4 Month later
DRB GT40 MK1 red #49- sold
FF5 Mk4 #7733 302/T5/IRS - dark blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #7812 427/TKO/IRS - Guardsman Blue - sold
FF5 MK4 #8414 501/TKO600/48IDA Ollie the Dragon #91 - sold
FF5 Daytona Coupe 347/TKO/IRS Homage CSX2299 Viking Blue - sold
SPF 2063
Old 03-15-2013, 09:42 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Mother, now that I am back from Roush I am starting to lean a little more toward the fact that some things are exagerated on the net and there is no truthful filtre for info being published... and maybe a bunch of people ***** to get free work done after warranty.

In my case, there was unusual oil usage but nothing that could not be fixed. I was really unluckly when the dogbone broke... and the oil problem was nothing that could not be fixed.
You mean exagerated like this:

Quote:
Just another quick note, this will be the SECOND rebuild. Because Roush did NOT warranty the first rebuild I had to pay 4800$ to have it redone and get a 3 month "warranty" + my time to re-re + shipping to Roush. So this wll be the second time I send it back.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPF2271
Not Ranked     

WOW. What a complete 180 on this subject. Amazing how years of pain can be erased in an afternoon. Whats in that kool-aid?

"and maybe a bunch of people ***** to get free work done after warranty."
Old 03-15-2013, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

sorry about the "*****" just a typo, should have said

"and maybe a bunch of people trying to get free work done after warranty"

Yep, what happened to me and the warranty expiration was a result of bad representation from the beginning by my local dealer... they put me off saying it was breakin etc..normal... and I'll take the blame for not taking it to the next level before warranty expired. Roush had their faults don't get me wrong, but they haven't left the table.

Roush are making sure that I am a satisfied customer. I obviously don't have the engine back yet but I sure am anxious.

I am an old fashoned business man and going to Roush seeing the operation, having my confidence restored, getting my engine back on the road and by taking care of things face to face was the winning combination.

My "dealer" will be footing the bill for the out of warranty work!!

As far as the delay, here in Canada our Cobra season is only May to September and I took the engine out in the end of January when I had time.

If I was to to do it over I would still buy another Roush, especially knowing what I know now.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Not me!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Quote:
sorry about the "*****" just a typo, should have said

"and maybe a bunch of people trying to get free work done after warranty"

Yep, what happened to me and the warranty expiration was a result of bad representation from the beginning by my local dealer... they put me off saying it was breakin etc..normal... and I'll take the blame for not taking it to the next level before warranty expired. Roush had their faults don't get me wrong, but they haven't left the table.

Roush are making sure that I am a satisfied customer. I obviously don't have the engine back yet but I sure am anxious.

I am an old fashoned business man and going to Roush seeing the operation, having my confidence restored, getting my engine back on the road and by taking care of things face to face was the winning combination.

My "dealer" will be footing the bill for the out of warranty work!!

As far as the delay, here in Canada our Cobra season is only May to September and I took the engine out in the end of January when I had time.

If I was to to do it over I would still buy another Roush, especially knowing what I know now.
Hello James,
I'm also from the Montreal area and would be interested to know who is your dealer, we both know it's not a Superformance dealer since their is none.
The info would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It's issues like this that made me years ago want to do all engine work locally.A friend once went through the same frustration to a point he took a huge loss and sold his car.
At the same time stopped putting faith in other peoples work by building my own drive trains.It helps being mechanically inclined and anal about perfection.
Over the years have heard a lot stories like this one and certainly sympathize with all especially those in the short summer season areas.Also a biker and this certainly applies there as well.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK-I, 302, 780 Pro-Systems custom double pumper, 425HP
Not Ranked     

For the life of me I cannot understand why anybody buys a Roush motor. I read so many complaints about their motors and their customer service.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

James911Pro,
It's a shame it took so long for this to be resolved to your satisfaction. This is not the outcome many of us saw coming. You are to be commended on your perseverance. There is a lot of truth in "all's well that ends well." I am really glad this worked out for you and you happy. I hope you have many miles of smiles in your future!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPF1061 View Post
James911Pro,
It's a shame it took so long for this to be resolved to your satisfaction. This is not the outcome many of us saw coming. You are to be commended on your perseverance. There is a lot of truth in "all's well that ends well." I am really glad this worked out for you and you happy. I hope you have many miles of smiles in your future!
Thanks, I am perserverant thats for sure. I have to admit ( i always try to keep a sense of humour) the strippers in Detroit were great too! LOL On a serious note the cabbies will try to screw you.. good thing we went to that strip bar the nite before.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would also like to add that after reading a few comments from everyone here don't get please don't get me wrong...

I didnt do a 180... just a 90.

I had my confidence restored while at Roush, but I don't have the engine back yet nor is it installed and running (trouble free) we are only half way around the bend. I didn't for the 5k I paid the first time.. nor removing or re-installing it twice. My dealer is responsible for those costs as they did not make the problems aware to Roush within the warranty period... and I will fix that with him.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

James, wishing you all the best with your re-redone Roush brother.
Hopefully this time it works as it should've the first time.

But even you must admit:
Where there's smoke (and not from the tires), there's usually - errr, a Roush! Ooops sorry, Freudian slip... I meant - Fire!
Hehe

Take care and hope your on the road soon
Old 03-18-2013, 08:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
James, wishing you all the best with your re-redone Roush brother.
Hopefully this time it works as it should've the first time.

But even you must admit:
Where there's smoke (and not from the tires), there's usually - errr, a Roush! Ooops sorry, Freudian slip... I meant - Fire!
Hehe

Take care and hope your on the road soon

The most important thing is that I get back on the road trouble free the rest is smoke.. oops dust in the wind!~
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The engine should ship out this week...
Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
The engine should ship out this week...
I hope this resolves all your issues!!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The engine was dyno'd 5-4-13... just waiting for her to ship!.. the sun is shining and the roads are being cleaned as we speak. I'm getting anxious
Old 04-19-2013, 06:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The engine has been delivered to my shop! She is looking great in the crate..no pun intended. I'm working my shifts this weekend hopefully we can drop her in next week!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

UPDATE
Hello Gents, The engine is in, I dropped her in this weekend.. she looks great, the Roush guys cleaned and polished it up like a new shiny penny this time. She started up perfectly after a couple of throttle pumps and is running normally....I didn't see and smoke but she was only idling in the shop. I can't take her out for a few days based on the weather but I'll be back to post ASAP. Thanks for reading and participating!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics / Roush 427 SR
Not Ranked     

@James, glad you are back running! Sorry that you had so much trouble getting it straightened out.

@Mike B, here are my answers to your question about why I have a Roush engine:
These reasons apply to my experience with Roush 427SR #444. I have gone nearly thirty thousand miles miles with no major engine issues in over 5 years, completed three 118 mile long Big Bend Open Road Race finishes with average speeds over 105 mph, over forty track days with no problems (including 167+ mph on the transponder at Texas World Speedway), over a hundred quarter mile passes at consistent 10.5 second times @ 130+ mph, and cruising in five different states with three more states scheduled this fall.

My engine has never had the valve covers, oil pan, or intake manifold removed since it was installed in September 2007'

Come ride with the Gobra and Roush #444 this fall. We are going to Utah, Colorado and New Mexico.

J
Roush #1
Lone Star Classics
Roush Edition #01
Roush 427 SR #444

Tags
consumption, oil, roush 427r, superformance, warranty issue