16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you guys-flattery will get you EVERYWHERE.
JR-you forgot to add that thanks to that car, shares of Advil are trading at a five-year high.

Chap thanks-it STILL is a nice looking car! -not Maine but MA.

BTW I'd like to mention that the gentleman buyer brought two technical associates to inspect the car for him and haul it in their beautiful 24' box back home.
After polite and friendly introductions, when the garage door opened one went to the front and one went to the back of the car. Before I could put a mat down for them they were under the diff and oil pan. For ten silent minutes they inspected on behalf of their client like Secret Service agents. They didn't miss a spot. They essentially reported to the buyer-'It's everything he said it is'. That gent was conducting his own tour of the paint, cockpit, trunk and engine room.
A bit later when I started it on the jackstands, they watched all gauges intently and were very pleased at what they saw (and heard!). At lunch we had a nice chat about the car and their business. Competent, intelligent and friendly guys.
I want to mention it here because I'd highly recommend them to any of you in the New England area. Their company assembles replicas and services, maintains and restores muscle cars and collector cars within their storage facility. They are currently building and modifying a FF Daytona Coupe as their killer 'track rat' and assembling another for a customer. They speak fluent 'FE' also and have some in the shop now. It's my understanding that the buyer is very pleased with them as he has selected them to do the future major maintenance on the car.
They are Neil Childress and Greg Pellegrino, co-owners of Vintage Motorsports Garage of Hollister MA.
They can be found here:
Vintage Motors Sports - Holliston MA

Last edited by ERA Chas; 03-03-2012 at 01:52 PM..
Old 03-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 'Street' Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
You saved for it, you bought it, you built it, you ripped it apart, you rebuilt it, you cared for it and you even let it pee on your floor. You raced it, you showed it, you cussed it and you loved it. And you were adjusting and polishing on it right up to the minute it was loaded to go. Based on what you have told me I don't think you could ask for much more from car. Sucks to see it go; I only hope my Cobra ownership experience brings me HALF as much enjoyment has that car brought you.

A+ amigo.

JR

My sentiments exactly

I am at long last at the beginning of my Cobra experience and wish you all the best in your next adventure.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Tim. I wish you as many happy hours as I've had in two-plus decades of ERA madness.
I wish that for you and my new, very fine friend who now owns the car.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

Hey Charles .... sorry to see you sold your ERA , but I guess you felt it was time . Really enjoyed seeing some of the neat things you came up with over the years .... hope you still drop in here every now and then .
Good luck with whatever new venture you go with .

Bob
Old 03-04-2012, 07:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Many thanks Bob for the kind words and well-wishes. I had fun and learned a lot. It was literally, a great ride.
The gentleman that bought it has insisted on my continued input on the welfare of the car. He's a great guy and he and his wife are anxious to enjoy it fully. I'm very lucky he found me.
I'll be here-there's still more I can learn or share.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2124
Not Ranked     

Chas:

Always a suprise when such a recognized CC contributor sells and moves on. I've enjoyed your input and contributions. Keep an eye on 2124 and keep me straight, Chas.

- Allen.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullchat289 View Post
Chas:

Always a suprise when such a recognized CC contributor sells and moves on. I've enjoyed your input and contributions. Keep an eye on 2124 and keep me straight, Chas.

- Allen.
Thanks Allen...
You're doing more than fine with 2124. I enjoy seeing your innovations and skill set-keep 'em coming.
I'll be here.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
My 'term paper' is gone...
Great, I just sent my dissertation off to the committee today... yeehah! (defense on March 14th at 2:30... pray for me!)

In a week and a half I'll either be or ...

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear