• 1 Post By Silversmith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Love this car

I have had it about a month and really love the car. Nothing special, an entry level Cobra, but it does run sweet.

Replica/Kit Makes Replica/Kit Makes | eBay
Old 04-12-2012, 11:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, 302 powerdyne supercharged
Not Ranked     

Looks very similar to mine. I also have a mkII. I have the same wheels on mine. Color is different though. Mine is yellow. Our roll bars/sidepipes are reversed though. My roll bar is chrome and black sidepipes. Yours is a bit more finished than mine though. Mine doesn't have any badges on it or a steering wheel badge.

Be thankful your battery is inside the trunk. Mine is mounted under the car and in front of the tank. I had to replace it a few months ago and it was a royal pain.

I wish mine had rear discs like yours.

Nice car. Have fun.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am not crazy about the wheels, I wish I had the knock-offs, and the tires are a little hi-tech for me, I would rather have billboards. I did not like the color at first, but it has grown on me. I am going to put AFR heads on it, when I can afford it.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomama1 View Post
I am not crazy about the wheels, I wish I had the knock-offs, and the tires are a little hi-tech for me, I would rather have billboards. I did not like the color at first, but it has grown on me. I am going to put AFR heads on it, when I can afford it.
It's great to have something to dream about having. Playing with these cars and trying to make them better is half the fun for me.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 04-14-2012, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Looks great, you got a great car.

Like you said, just change the wheels and tires, and you are done.

Another thing would be to chrome the roll bar,

But that is all I would do to it
Old 04-15-2012, 03:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 S/C W/Holmon Moody Original Nascar build #508 Iron Block/heads (C5AE-H) Bal/Blu 427 Sideoiler; 780 Holley Dbl. Pump; 4 Speed Top Loader; AP Racing Bks; IRS; 15" Trigo pins
Not Ranked     
Wink AFR 205's

Looks like a great entry level roadster and FFR builds a great frame/kit! Congrats on the buy. If you are interested I have a set of AFR 205 heads. They list for $1,900 new. Their decks have been shaved .15000th to create a 57.5cc chamber w/ new guides, extra heavy duty springs, viton seats, the works! These AFR's are a serious set of lungs for any sbf! Over 300cfm!! I bought them to build a sbf, but I ended up going BBF. I'm not really in a big hurry to sell them. But I wouldn't mind a 2x4 MR intake for my FE. I'll take $1,000+ shipping. If you are interested, drop me a line! Oh, I also have a set of Comp Cam, top of the line SS 1.6 roller rockers. Over $400 new, I'll let for $200.

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION THERE IS NO CURE!!
chomama1 likes this.

Last edited by Silversmith; 04-15-2012 at 03:51 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 05:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

This post made me realize that it has now been 40 years since I bought my first Cobra. And for some reason I still love the cars.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks, Silversmith, I will keep that in mind. I have to buy a lift first, my neighbors are going in on one from Greg Smith, Inc. I do want to put aluminum heads on the engine and I know AFR are the best. PM me your phone number.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Nice car. Like the color.