Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

On vacation to Cancun my wifes mantra was:

We get more money next month, so WHATS the problem?
Old 05-30-2006, 12:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber
On vacation to Cancun my wifes mantra was:

We get more money next month, so WHATS the problem?

...doubt that our wifes ever communicated, but their mantras are the same
Old 05-30-2006, 06:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1997 excalibur cobra,302 HO
Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur Cobra Pricing

I bought the Cobra Harry K had for sale #177 for $41,000 there is another Excalibur for sale in Milwaukee for $45,000 Green with white stripes. With the hardtop i'd say upper $40,000's. Sounds like its a keeper to me
Old 06-01-2006, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Keepers

bigiron,
I think you've got the keeper x 2: last production run car, original, history, pristine. Hope someone picks up on the green/white one and comes on board with Club Cobra. There is an orange/black one on ebay with 4500 miles. Not my colors, but it looks like it is really sweet. It does have the hoop type bumpers front and rear. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't those standard for the first year or so?

Blackjack,
Are you getting better? You've had us worried with that talk about selling the black beauty. Don't give in. Take a nice drive in it with the AC on and it will be better in the morning.

Aloys, Excaliber,
You guys got it good, at least they know the good fairy doesn't pick up the tab.

Aloys did you find the bushings you were needing? If so where?

Mike
Old 06-03-2006, 05:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike:
I did not really try yet.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Cobra #273, 427 S/O, ERA GT-40 #2057, Excalibur Cobra.
Not Ranked     

All - - - -

The hell with it. I've been driving the Excalibur a lot the past week and took a short (200 mile) trip in it. No Way am I going to part with it. It's just too comfortable and too much fun to drive. I'll just park the new Track Car in the driveway with a cover on it.

Mike,

My Excalibur is a 1995 and it came wih the "Hoop Bumpers". They're currently on a shelf in the garage. I may put them back on at some point.

Thanks for all the input and the GOOD advice.

Y'all have a really great day.

BLACKJACK
Old 06-05-2006, 01:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohekk
As you know, Excalibur was the ONLY manufacturer of DOT certifed,EPA compliant reproduction Cobras.

I'm trying to start a registry of Excalibur Cobras.

Please E Mail details of your Cobra and LAST 3 Digits of your VIN#

Thanks

Tom "OHEKK" Hekkers
Hello COBRA-Community! I´m new and want to greet all Members ! I´m from austria and since my early youth a cobra is the car of my dreams, though it was nearly unobtainable.Now the kids are out and I have the occasion of bying a EXCALIBUR-Cobra, which is very rare in europe(one of two known).Unfortunately I´m 6Feet 4inches tall and the space in the car is VERY limitet for good and ,first to say, SAFE driving.So my urgent question to the Community ,especialy the Excalibur-Owners is: Is there any opportunity of gaining space behind the driver`s seat or rearranging the pedals (manual gears) , has anyone construction drawings of the car or this special areas?? This type of cobra really pleasures me and I really would buy the car, if there`s a slight practicability of gaining space (without dismantling the whole car!!).For the seller will not wait too long I am hoping for a quick and substantial reply from the Community and send best greetings from Good Old Europe to all of You !! doc 427
Old 06-06-2006, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Wink Excalibur interior room

Howdy doc427,
Welcome to Club Cobra and Excalibur ownership . I think it might be possible to fit a seat that is thinner in the back support area to gain an inch or so. I don't know about moving the pedals, but since the Excalibur and Classic Roadster C427 cars are almost identical you might get some help there. I am ordering the Classic Roadster assembly manual as it is very detailed and will serve as a shop manual for my Excalibur. It might be useful for you to get one as well. If you go to the Classic Roadster forum on this site, you could also post you question there. CR also has it's own forums on there site which I read often. Don Scott is the owner of CR and is very helpful, even to us Excalibur owners. Most of the parts interchange and I've bought some from them. If you haven't made contact with Aloys through Club Cobra, you should. He has an Excalibur as well and is in contact with several other owners in Europe as well. He lives pretty close to Koln, Germany. You guys should be able to get together and have some great fun driving together. Please post the last three numbers of the vehicle serial number of your car and its history, description and photos. Many of us are interested in the history and location of these cars. Photos of mine and Aloys (and Blackbeard's from the Washinton D. C. area) are posted in my photo gallery (just click on the camera icon below my tag ID above.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur, 1996, #131, 302 HO,
Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur #131

I own Excaliber #131 in Va. Beach.

Darrell Nolen
maddognolen@cox.net
Marvin.d.nolen@uscg.mil
Old 06-10-2006, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 131

Hi Darrell,

Some time ago I saw a blue Excalibur for sale near you, is that 131? You should post some photos in your gallery. Thanks for helping protect the USA with the Coast Guard!

Mike
Old 06-18-2006, 10:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello Club members, I just joined after two years of owning my 1995 Dark Blue (no stripe) Excalibur Cobra for two years. I have read this page and finally joined to talk the talk.

I found car #083 in Indianapolis, Indiana and am having fun with it. It has 12,000 miles on it currently. I plan to drive it this summer.

I like the Excalibur factory built products. I also have an Excalibur factory built 1966 SSK no door 300 hp Roadster (RED).

This forum has a helpful tool in learning about the Excalibur Cobra and so has Alice from Camelot in Milwaukee.
Old 06-30-2006, 07:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur SSK

Hey Excal_Cobra,
In the late 60's I came across a color brouchure for the SSK. I was in love and I think I still have that brouchure tucked away some place. When I learned in the 1990's that the Excalibur guys were going to do a Cobra replica, I was thinking some day I might be able to get one or may be the AC Mark IV. That thought was shelved until I got interested in Cobra replicas about a year ago through seeing a Factory Five. Started to hunt and came across an Excalibur. Did some research and bought one (149). What a fun car, well built, engineered, equipped and finished. Your SSK must be a real thrill to drive and the classic looks are timeless. That little company really knew how to make dreams become attainable and enjoyable. I was affraid I'd be let down in the actual experience, but no way. It's even better than I dared hope. For me the JAC 427 and the SSK are strongly associated. I'm guessing you must feel the same. Please post some pictures of your Excalibur "book ends". Ditto on Alice. I've also had great support from Don and Pete at Classic Roadster II since the cars are so similar.

Mike
Old 06-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Alice was the FIRST person I contaced when I bought my Excalibur, fond memories of how she helped me along the path of Cobra ownership.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 131

Marvin,
Great color combination. Does it have a black or grey interior?

Mike
Old 07-06-2006, 06:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excaliber, Ford 5.0
Not Ranked     
Default Glen Ellyn - IL

I'm in Glen Ellyn so I'm not far away ...
Mine is a 96 but I have around 18k on the car, I drive it to work everyday when it's warm enough and isn't raining. So yes it's got rock chips in the front and everything.
My driver side seat is just disintegrating so I've pulled it and put in a RCI until I can figure out how to have it redone without a home equity loan. P.S. replacing a seat is real work
I've also just discovered a exhaust gasket that ACTUALLY FITS PERFECTLY. All but I think the last 8 have the 2 bolt to the exhaust vs the retro 3 they put on the last ones. I put new BEEFY replacement headers on and redid the exhaust so I don't think anything is going to crack anymore. Anyhow from the factory I pretty sure they put that two layer gasket on that has the internal mesh on it. (it sucks and doesn't !@#&ing fit the holes) Anyhow I went through the whole cabnet at autozone and found part

Engine Seal (brand) gaskets.

exhause flange
NISSAN 1974-87

SKU REF
23609 future No
12-2507 (actually that might a 8 not a 0) I'll check another to see if it's more readable

Also interchanges to
Detroit 13166, 131161
Mc Cord N A
Victor F 20188

Oh by the way I don't remember that computer chip mod I'm sure it's discussed in here someplace, WONDERFUL, I don't give a hoot about power but the running temp is SO much better and I don't die in hot weather. 215 is smokin, 170-175 even in the hotest of weather now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrwulf
my dad bought this car in the early spring of 1995 and it is titled as a 1994 car. he bought it a ford dealership in quincy il. as i recall he was told that the car had been ordered thru the dealership by someone and a deposit was put down of 10,000. when the car arrived the man who had ordered it couldnot take delivery for some reason. my dad traded a new ford ranger and another ten grand for the car .(a total of $32,000). my dad died in jan of 1997. and the car went to my brother who still has it.he lives in Minier, illinois and i live in Bloomington just 25 miles away so i get to see and play with the car often.
i dont have any pics of the car that i can upload at this time but i will get some soon. ( just got a new cam). the car is guards red with white strips, black leather interior, has a soft top that has only been on the car 4x, chrome side pipes, bumpers, roll bar and mirriors. am/fm cassette player , classic guages, kelsy/hayes wheels(no heater though) i think the car has about 3000 miles on it at this time. it is a 5.0 F.I. engine , standard transmission. i dont think i've left anything out. my brother and i ar both car nutz and we have other muscle cars but we both agree that this one is the most fun to drive and play with. no high maintence , no break downs and a whole lot of fun! we have wondered about the excaliburs, cause we've never seen another one. we have looked at a lot of other "KIT CARS', an none of them compare to the excalibur as far as quality of the build and the lines and the stance of the car is above many of the othe cobras out there. there is a guy here in town that has an original ford cobra that his dad bought new in '6 4 and it is in top shape but is not as nice as the excalibur. i hope this helps in your quest for a registry and we would be interested in the outcome. thanx for being here.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Making space...

I'm 6'3" 215, I really don't have a problem once I've gotten used to it and learn the technique for rolling in and out of the bathtub. Actually in I slide down in, out is the bathtub move. There's like ZERO room modification that seat is quite hard to duplicate and mine (when original) was slide completely back and it's against the back wheel well. Trying to modify the front would be insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc427
Hello COBRA-Community! I´m new and want to greet all Members ! I´m from austria and since my early youth a cobra is the car of my dreams, though it was nearly unobtainable.Now the kids are out and I have the occasion of bying a EXCALIBUR-Cobra, which is very rare in europe(one of two known).Unfortunately I´m 6Feet 4inches tall and the space in the car is VERY limitet for good and ,first to say, SAFE driving.So my urgent question to the Community ,especialy the Excalibur-Owners is: Is there any opportunity of gaining space behind the driver`s seat or rearranging the pedals (manual gears) , has anyone construction drawings of the car or this special areas?? This type of cobra really pleasures me and I really would buy the car, if there`s a slight practicability of gaining space (without dismantling the whole car!!).For the seller will not wait too long I am hoping for a quick and substantial reply from the Community and send best greetings from Good Old Europe to all of You !! doc 427
Old 07-07-2006, 10:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1997 excalibur cobra,302 HO
Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur owners

How many have replied to date?

Big Iron
Old 07-07-2006, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Excalibur Employee

The Excalibur employee I talked to (who was really helpful) that I had lost contact for just contacted me. I told him about this site and encouraged him to drop in. I have to respect his priivacy but I sure he comes aboard he has a wealth of knowledge.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra 5.0 FI
Not Ranked     
Default Exhaust

I put new BEEFY replacement headers on and redid the exhaust so I don't think anything is going to crack anymore.

David,

Can you tell us more about the exhast system you put on? Where did you get the headers? Did you do anything to the mufflers? the originals are are really restrictive. What about the cats? Did you dump them or replace them?

Thanks,

Doug
Old 07-24-2006, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilwDoug
I put new BEEFY replacement headers on and redid the exhaust so I don't think anything is going to crack anymore.

David,

Can you tell us more about the exhast system you put on? Where did you get the headers? Did you do anything to the mufflers? the originals are are really restrictive. What about the cats? Did you dump them or replace them?

Thanks,

Doug
I got the headers from a regular on this list, I don't even remember hist name but I know this string has his response to me somewhere. It must have been just for an older model but they are significantly heavier and much better made then what I had. Unfortunately I can't dump the cats since we have emission testing where I live as well. I just modified the pipework for them and put in supports so that the sidepipes didn't just hang all the weight off of them as well. It's been several years now and I see no signs of stress and since I actually found a gasket that fits I hope that I won't even have to replace them every year. It's only been a couple months but I see no signs that it's leaking like it always did.