Old 05-29-2010, 01:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur 1994
Not Ranked     
Default # 33 is now titled in Florida,after all its life in Hawaii

Hi Mitch:

thanks for the info,on the vin#s.we have always sold the
normal 30's styled Excaliburs,for 1 years,but this is our very 1st Excalibur Cobra,& they do drive great,& can be used as daily drivers,since mine has 31,000 miles & looks & runs great.its red with white stripes.can be seen on our
site at www.bobsclassics.com kitcarbob@aol.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-cal33 View Post
Number 004 Excalibur Cobra vin 1J9CA2315PM123004 it's on sell at ebay motors now.

Hope this helped
Mitch
Old 05-30-2010, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default 033

Bob,
Great to learn where 33 went. I have corresponded with both of the previous owners. I have 149. If you send me your email to mduke8@gmail.com I'll send you a registry I've put together as well as some history and parts info. I got my manual from Alice at Camelot so hopefully she still has some of them. From the info I have been able to piece together, there are about 140 factory assembled cars. The VIN's are not consecutive so the final one being 200 is misleading. Glad to get your info and I will update the registry with it.

Mike
Old 07-01-2010, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1997 Excalibur Cobra, Big Block
Send a message via Skype™ to chbrand
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohekk View Post
As you know, Excalibur was the ONLY manufacturer of DOT certifed,EPA compliant reproduction Cobras.

I'm trying to start a registry of Excalibur Cobras.

Please E Mail details of your Cobra and LAST 3 Digits of your VIN#

Thanks

Tom "OHEKK" Hekkers
Here is last 3 Digits VIN of my 1997 Excalibur Cobra: 169
For further questions or information please contact via mail: cb@iac-europe.de
Best regards,
Christoph Brand, Munich, Germany
Old 07-03-2010, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur 169

Christoph,
Thank you for posting your information. Eric Sauter can provide you a registry list or email me and I will send it myself to you. mduke8@gmail.com

Mike
Old 07-04-2010, 11:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur, 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     
Default New toy

We just bought 010. has 15,000 miles on it and drives good. it's all stock as far as I can tell. I have the same questions as most posters. where do the parts come from? is there a way to get an owners manual? Parts manual? I see MilwDoug has a pretty good list going. He mentions an alarm and special ignition keys . . . Not on ours. Also no air conditioning option, standard steering (builds upper body strength). Car is silver with a black stripe. looks like the original tires. Hard top is in great shape but I would like soft top. I guess that's it for now . . . . My email qacentral@hotmail.com
Old 07-04-2010, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am searching for the other info. I will notify you if I will see some information about Excalibur Cobras. I am looking also for it.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Great.
Just finished installing a new fan belt and one bad idler pulley.
DOn't know if I should try to fix the two bad muffler (sidepipe) screw clamps that are broken (make new ones) or just leave the guards off for now. Looks good without them but I am afraid my wife will burn her leg getting out. I also discovered that I can reach the muffler while seated in the car!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur Cobra 5.0 FI
Not Ranked     

Hi PM,

Congratulations on your new Excal Cobra. I've had mine for 10 years and have put nearly 30,000 miles on it with almost no problems, except for the terrible exhaust system, which you will figure out soon enough. Great rider and draws lots of attention. Keep the Excal badges on it. An Excalibur Cobra is much more intetersting than just another Cobra replica.

You can get replacement clamps for the heat shields at Finish Line on the web. Pretty reasonable. Lots of other cobra parts there too that fit just fine, like glass wing windows to replace the plastic ones and replacement sun visors. If you need to identify specific parts, just post the question here and someone will have an answer for you.

Doug
Old 07-07-2010, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Cobra View Post
We just bought 010. has 15,000 miles on it and drives good. it's all stock as far as I can tell. I have the same questions as most posters. where do the parts come from? is there a way to get an owners manual? Parts manual? I see MilwDoug has a pretty good list going. He mentions an alarm and special ignition keys . . . Not on ours. Also no air conditioning option, standard steering (builds upper body strength). Car is silver with a black stripe. looks like the original tires. Hard top is in great shape but I would like soft top. I guess that's it for now . . . . My email qacentral@hotmail.com
PM Cobra,
Sent you info by email, let me know if you got it.

Mike
Old 07-07-2010, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default all dung

Thanks for the info. Unbelievable how helpful everyone is on this thread!
I already have new clamps and a piece of Stainless steel. I think I will try to cut and bend new tabs and then try out my welding skills. I always say that when the planets are aligned and the sun is shining . . . . that welde can make a beautiful weld. . . . but most of the time it looks like I threw chicken $hit at the barn wall. Clamps are cheap and trying is fun.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to flyboy1997
Not Ranked     

Has anyone replaced the trunk support shocks & have a PN & a source maybe ? Getting it ready for the West Coast Cruise & I am sure Lynn will fuss at me if its not fixed & gets her head!

Wendell / Lynn
Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just did a few weeks ago. As soon as I get home tonight, I will send you the NAPA part number. The pair I bought just snapped onto the existing ball studs.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Also no air conditioning option,,,,
It seems to me that a lot of the Excals without the AC option DID come with the evaporator factory installed anyway. THAT part is a major pain in the butt to install AFTER the car is built. So it was a good factory idea to equip most, if not all, Excals with at least that part. IF it's there, it greatly simplifies the addition of an AC compressor and condensor because 80% of the work (the Evap) is all ready done.

Evap install would include:
Vents and fan. You could look under the passenger side dash to see if an Evap is installed.

I owned Excal #33 before selling to Mitch, it had the Evap installed from factory, but no AC option. It also rode like a truck, I tried changing shocks and springs but to no avail. Hit a bump and it would throw your back out of whack.

Last edited by Excaliber; 07-19-2010 at 11:14 AM..
Old 07-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks PM Cobra, never would have even thought about NAPA.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

parts is parts :-)
give me one more try.
I did not get to it last night.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default trunk struts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1997 View Post
Has anyone replaced the trunk support shocks & have a PN & a source maybe ? Getting it ready for the West Coast Cruise & I am sure Lynn will fuss at me if its not fixed & gets her head!

Wendell / Lynn
OK, here you go:
"Turbolift" brand gas struts part number 819-6470 snapped right onto the old ball ends (the NAPA guy already smiles when he sees me coming).

or:
http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...470_0282492543
Old 07-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

THANK You Sir !!!
Old 08-22-2010, 10:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur # 128 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     
Smile New Excalibur Cobra Owner

Hi Guys, I am new at this. Just bought # 128 Orange with black stripes, 5.0 HO. Had the car shipped from Ohio. Any info. on the cars history would be great. No manual or build info with car. The car is a five speed with air and has a Hella security system. Where does one find another keychain wand to disable the security system in order to start the car ? My email is frith01@msn.com here in Virginia.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Info

rrudd,
Welcome, glad 128 is in good hands in Virginia. Sent you an email with some info and registry.

The news on the Hella system is not good. Best hope is to appeal to folks on this forum for another operating probe and use of a programing probe or to figure out how to remove it. No help from Hella is likely as I've been that route.

Mike
Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur, 302 EFI
Not Ranked     
Default Top bows

Ok, I've owned my Ex for 3 years. Delivery from Reno was unremarkable. No noticeable damage, all necessary parts received - except one. When I finally got around to checking out the top (about 6 months ago), no bows.

Does anyone know where I might find bows that fit? Finish Line, other cobras (CRII for example)? Or will I have to have them manufactured? If so could any of you give me the specs for your bows?

Thanks,

Jim