28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default WW Cobra Shirts are all shipped!

The WW Cobra Shirts are all shipped!! What a project. 107 orders for 277 shirts going to 7 different countries. There will be about 20 shirts available at the London Cobra show. It took 1850 emails back and forth , not including the posts on the various forums. Most everything has gone out USPS Priority so the shirts should start showing up starting Wednesday.

By the number of shirts sold, we should have raised $1385. 00 for Wounded Warriors. Sadly the donations did not match up to the order/shirt count. We had 13 people promise extra donations that never showed, besides the $5.00 per shirt that around 60 guys never sent. We had a 4 guys who ordered shirts and then disappeared. Out of the 28 donations we did receive , some for over $100, we collected around $900.00 The final $$ hasn't been tallied as there are a few figures still out there. There are a few guys who sent their donation direct to Wounded Warriors. The company that created all the screens for the project donated 1/2 of it back to Wounded Warriors for $225. After all the costs are tallied, the shipping and supplies to ship the 107 packages , we will be donating the difference from the $16.00 per shirt everybody paid and the actual true total cost of the production etc.. I'll post that number when I get it figured out.

As I watched the last box disappear over the post office counter this morning there was a great feeling of pride. There was a little bit of sorrow actually seeing the project end. My wife on the otherhand who did the majority of the work, was glad to see them go.

IF I have MADE ANY MISTAKES, please contact me IMMEDIATELY and we will do what it takes to straighten it out.

John
john.chamorro1@gmail.com
408-897-3223
Old 05-21-2012, 04:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

John,
I think you're being a little harsh accusing 60 people of not donating. From your posting regarding payment:
"Next, It is illegal for an individual to collect funds for a nonprofit organization and distribute the money. My solution would be for me to sell the shirts as a company, which we are, and then to suggest each individual to make a check, money order or whatever , made out to Wounded Warriors Project. This is strictly voluntary and is not tied to the sale of the shirts. You could either send the checks to me at the address below for a mass presentation to WW or you could send them to WW directly. Of course the donations would be on the honor system. I know this is an extra step but that's the way it is. DONATIONS CAN NOT BE SENT BY PAY PAL!!!"

I sent my donation directly to WW but might not have told you that. There could be others who did the same. As a retired Army officer I recognize and appreciate the sacrifice our Wounded Warriors have made. I regularly support WW and several other programs dedicated to serving our Soldiers.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I did not "ACCUSE" anybody of anything. You should have read what I wrote more carefully. If the shoe fits, wear it . If it doesn't then it's no matter to you. I'm not going to take any crap from anybody on this. If you were on of the ones that mailed it directly then great. I'm not going to listen to any crap, period.

Last edited by redmt; 05-21-2012 at 04:59 PM..
Old 05-21-2012, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 427 stroker, TKO 500
Not Ranked     

John, what everybody should be saying is "Thank You"! Job well done.

Don
Old 05-21-2012, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Folks, the shirts look absolutely fantastic! Great job John with the printing and the massive headache of processing and shipping all of the orders. Let's hope the Warriors end up getting a decent contribution from the efforts of all involved, including all contributors and those behind the scenes like Greg and Mrs. redmt.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 05-21-2012 at 06:45 PM..
Old 05-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

John

thanks you for the hundreds of hours you put into this project for no pay.

Thank you

Thank you

And Buzz thanks for the great graphics

The t-shirt are a work of art.

I'm sure as the t-shirts arrive the guys will donate to Wounded Warrior fund.

Dwight
Old 05-21-2012, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Folks, the shirts look absolutely fantastic! Great job John with the printing and the massive headache of processing and shipping all of the orders. Let's hope the Warriors end up getting a decent contribution from the efforts of all involved, including all contributors and those behind the scenes like Greg and Mrs. redmt.
I posted this on another forum but I think it fits here also. Everybody needs to remember that without Greg, the idea wouldn't have hatched. Without you, the art would never have happened. The detail is like no other I have ever seen.

"Ronnie says maybe I should have thanked the guys who did donate. I didn't feel it was my position to do so. I'm only acting as another spoke in the wheel. I couldn't thank the individuals who did donate without naming names and I certainly didn't want to single anybody out. I would then have to be thanking all the guys like yourself who gave the project monumental input and help. "
Old 05-22-2012, 09:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile

I received my T-Shirts today and they are great. Thanks John for all the hard work and Buzz for the excellent graphics. I sent my donation directly to WW and have for the past few years. I am not the Ronnie that John mentions in his post.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for a great job John!! It is very much appreciated by myself and the lion's share of the Club Cobra folks here. Even more important, our Wounded Warriors will benefit from your toil. My hat's off to you and Rhonda sir!!!!

Dave
CMSgt USAF (Retired)
Old 05-22-2012, 09:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
I received my T-Shirts today and they are great. Thanks John for all the hard work and Buzz for the excellent graphics. I sent my donation directly to WW and have for the past few years. I am not the Ronnie that John mentions in his post.

Ron
Ron, Ronnie , Rhonda, is my better half. Ron 61 certainly is not!! Besides Ron 61 is taller!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, Coyote
Not Ranked     

Received shirts today, they look great. Appreciate the hard word everyone contributed to this project. Art work and printing are first rate.

Great cause that both my wife and contribute directly annually, this year we added extra in the name of “Cobra Shirt Project”.

Patrick
Old 05-22-2012, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

I expect my shirts tomorrow, according to the tracking info, and look forward to receiving them. I also sent my donation directly to WW.

John, thanks for doing this. The shirts have extra meaning because of the WW connection and also because of the selfless work that went into producing them. I ordered two shirts and my only regret is that I didn't order more...

Regards,

Kevin
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2124
Not Ranked     

I received my shirts yesterday and was very impressed. Thanks to John, Greg, and Buzz for the effort, time, and talent needed to pull this off (as well as those working behind the scenes to support). I'll be proudly wearing mine at SAAC37.

P.S. And a special thanks to John who accomodated a last minute size change to one of my shirts!

- Allen.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Yes indeed! I received my shirt yesterday and sent an email thanking John for getting it done. I Thank the rest of you also for getting it done. Sounds like a lot more work went into this than anyone expected. Shirt looks Great!! I will wear it with pride this Sunday while with the boys and the cars.

John
Old 05-28-2012, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #1058
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Well done!

Thank you John and all ... Well done ..we are brick members of WW and will donate more this year ... To all that worked so hard on this project...Thank you
Old 05-30-2012, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

I received mine yesterday and I am blown away by the quality of the print. I can't wait to show it to one or two printers down here who say it's impossible to capture that level of detail in a screen print. Awesome job John!!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 05-30-2012, 10:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 302 carb
Not Ranked     

I just found out about this. I guess it's to late to order some.

Mike

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb222/mikiec66/
Old 05-30-2012, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiec View Post
I just found out about this. I guess it's to late to order some.

Mike
We have a few shirts destined for LCS. It looks like they may be sold before they get the chance. If you can be patient for a bit and let me see what's available when the dust settles, I'll let you know what's available. If you send your order info through my regular email address, I'll add you to the list of shirts.

I have one stray large out there from somebody who ordered an extra large. I need to make sure there aren't any other strays first. Germany and Spain as well as parts of Australia haven't checked in yet as recieved. I haven't heard much from Canada either.
John.chamorro1@gmail.com

Last edited by redmt; 05-30-2012 at 06:56 PM..
Old 05-30-2012, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
I received mine yesterday and I am blown away by the quality of the print. I can't wait to show it to one or two printers down here who say it's impossible to capture that level of detail in a screen print. Awesome job John!!
Buzz, There is an old saying, garbage in , garbage out. Your art work was fantastic making for the great prints. Without Buzz's magnificent art there wouldn't have even been a shirt at all.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I am one of the missing Aussie orders, I am confident it is all due to the poor postal service I have local, and the fact that I am very remote (put your finger in the middle of a map of Australia and you will be pointing at my house).
I am pretty confident will be in mail tomorrow or Monday.

And with all the chat, I can't wait to see them.

Thanks to all the organizers, designers, printers and distributes. And thanks to Johns better half Rhonda. (I have a Ronda too)

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.