• 1 Post By dynatrak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 03:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Gentry motors

Has anyone got information and history on Cobra replicas built by Gentry Motor Works.
Scotts427cobra likes this.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to dynatrak
Not Ranked     
Default Gentry Motor Works information

Gentry Motor Works was a manufacturer of high-end replicas through the 90's. The firm was started in Decatur, Alabama and operated there until being sold and moved to McCordsville, Indiana in 1999 where it operated as Gentry Motor Works of Indiana. In 2004, the tooling was sold into private hands and was moved to Houston, TX.

Gentry Motor Works offered a 289 FIA bodied street car, a 427 SC bodied street car, and a small block version purpose built for racing. These were fiberglass-bodied cars built on a Mark III chassis that featured several significant design improvements to ehnance safety and ease of maintenance.

More information and some pictures of a couple of the Gentry cars is available at http:// Gentry Motor Works
Scotts427cobra likes this.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Gentry Motors

Gentry Motor Works produced high end replicas through the 1990's in Decatur, Alabama. The company was sold and moved to McCordsville, Indiana (near Indianapolis) in 1999 and operated as Gentry Motor Works of Indiana. Around 2004, the tooling was sold off to a private entity and was moved to Houston, TX. A subsequent move transferred the equipment to storage back in Alabama.

Gentry produced three different fiberglass-bodied models built on a Mark-III chassis that was upgraded with several design changes to enhance safety and ease of maintenance. Gentry produced a 289 FIA, a 427 S/C, and a small-block car that was purpose-built for track racing.

Additional information and some pictures of some Gentry cars can be found at Gentry Motor Works.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Gentry motors

Gentry Motor Works built high-end replicas in Decatur, Alabama throughout the '90s. In 1999, the equipment was moved to McCordsville, Indiana and was operated as Gentry Motor Works of Indiana. In 2004, Gentry Motor Works of Indiana shut down and the tooling was sold into private hands. The tooling was moved, first to Houston, Texas and subsequently back to Alabama in 2008.

Gentry offered three fiberglass-bodied models built on a Mark III chassis that featured several design changes to enhance safety and maintainability. A 289 FIA, a 427 S/C, were available as street cars. A small-block model was also offered that was purpose built for track use.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Gentry motors

Additional information about Gentry and some pictures of a few of the Gentry cars can be found at gentrymw.com.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gentry FE428
Not Ranked     

I have a Gentry cobra dose anyone else have one?

Doug
Old 09-22-2014, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gentry, Ford 428
Not Ranked     

I just purchased GMW4001 with all of 75 miles on the odometer. Not sure how many Gentry 427's were made, but I was told that may car was built in 2001 and is 1 of 40.
Blaster
Old 09-22-2014, 06:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile Gentry Cobra

there is a Cobra in Florence Alabama ( 50 miles West of Decatur) which we think may be a Gentry.

Do you have any pictures of a Gentry that would help us identify this one?

Dwight
Old 09-22-2014, 06:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX6363
Not Ranked     

In the early 90's I met Steve at his Summerville shop about the time they were putting the final touches on a very nice red 427 car with white strips. He knew I wasn’t a serious buyer but he still took the time to explain his process for finishing out his cars. I recall very little from the conversation other than he purchased the bodies and frames for the 427 cars from Unique.