14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 10:41 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default New Cool Tool - DeWalt DC410 Inspection Camera - Quick Review with Pics and Video

The Dewalt DC410 Inspection Camera. What's neat about it is that the color screen detaches from the pistol grip and the signal is then transmitted to it wirelessly. Plus, it takes JPG pics and AVI videos and saves them to a micro SD card (youtube vid at the bottom of this post). Nice flexible snake camera, waterproof, goo-proof, etc. Here are a few shots of it and by it:

This quality of the pics is not bad. Not as good as your digital camera, but not bad at all for Cobra work. Here's a typical quality shot of the solenoid:

This is a shifter bolt that fell out a few years ago and almost left me stranded. I used to have to remove the shifter boot and ring to check on it, but this is a pic of it from below with the snake camera. OK, it's still there and still tight.

Quick shot of the main ground behind the passenger side cylinder head.

Now this is what's really cool. This is a video that I took while the camera was underneath the car, pointed at the slave and fork, and I was sitting behind the wheel pushing the clutch in and holding the monitor and watching it all on the monitor while I was pushing it in (and recording at the same time). Very cool, and a lot of fun to play with. Cost: About $150 EDIT - I got it shipped to me from Lowes for $149. It is no longer available from them at that price.

Last edited by patrickt; 10-25-2016 at 08:58 AM..
Old 08-31-2012, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, supercharged Coyote
Not Ranked     

I bought a similar tool a few years ago. A little cheaper and not nearly as nice. But I use that thing all the time. Once you own one, it's amazing how many uses you find for it.
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
www.RacingtheExocet.com
BDR #1642 - Supercharged Coyote, 6 speed Auto
Old 08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Cost: About $150

Where'd you find it for $150? Cobra, Inc. might need one....

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 08-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoug View Post
Where'd you find it for $150? Cobra, Inc. might need one....
I got it shipped to me from Lowes with the internet price of $149. I just went to the same page from my history and the price is now $299. I am at a loss to explain why.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, that is more like what I saw. Amazon has it for $241, but still not close to $150.

www.partskeeper.com
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It says it has a 17mm head. Will that fit in a spark plug hole on a 302? I see the have a version with a 9mm head that would surely fit.

www.partskeeper.com
Old 08-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcdoug View Post
It says it has a 17mm head. Will that fit in a spark plug hole on a 302? I see the have a version with a 9mm head that would surely fit.
Good question. If it doesn't, you can get the 9mm Head Extension for $89 from Amazon. Amazon.com: DEWALT DCT4102 12V MAX 9mm Inspection Camera Cable: Home Improvement The kit also has a little magnet and hook attachment for retrieving things that you've dropped, but can't see without the camera. Hopefully that will never get used....
Old 08-31-2012, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

That is awesome! I was just thinking about needing/wanting a tool like that to be able to work under the dash without taking the seat out and cramming myself into the footbox.

Thanks for sharing,
DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 08-31-2012, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA154 427 HR
Not Ranked     

Deleted...

Last edited by flaflier; 08-31-2012 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Edited for content..... alcohol related.....
Old 09-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: VSE alum. frame, FFR carbonfiber body (under construction)
Not Ranked     

I bought a Whistler 9mm wireless inspection camera at Costco for $149.99 Sept. of last year. They had a pallet of them and then they were gone. So, keep your eyes open!
Seems to have pretty much all the features of the DeWalt.
Very happy with it.
Whistler Group - Product Catalog
Old 09-01-2012, 06:50 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Very Similar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRANIP View Post
I bought a Whistler 9mm wireless inspection camera at Costco for $149.99 Sept. of last year. They had a pallet of them and then they were gone. So, keep your eyes open!
Seems to have pretty much all the features of the DeWalt.
Very happy with it.
Whistler Group - Product Catalog
Yep, very similar. You know, one really nice thing about a tool like this is that it doesn't have a limited attention span. How many times have you had to ask a family member to sit behind the wheel and push something in while you watched at the other end of the car? After a few pushes, they get distracted, start listening to their IPOD, start texting, and you end up saying "WTF, it's not even moving now... are you pushing it all the way in?" Only to hear, "Oh, sorry... I forgot, now what do you want me to do?" A camera never gets tired, never blinks, and never complains that they're bored....