Old 03-03-2013, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #1230/B2 445CI SBF
Not Ranked     
Default SOLD! Its Ofiicial-BDR 1061

Sold it in less than 24 hours

Time for a new ride

Congrats to the new owner-I told him to join CC so we'll see if he pops up.

Last edited by GBowman; 03-03-2013 at 06:28 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

so what is your new engine going in?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Vector-its going into another BDR that Vintage Motorsports is finishing for me. Its going to be the RTX model this time-need the solid mounts for the extra HP
Old 03-03-2013, 11:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX6128 with Shelby 468FE
Not Ranked     

Congrats Gary - both on the quick sale and the new BDR. From the description on the engine build thread, it sounds like it is going to be a monster!
I look forward to following the build pics on Jay's website.
When are you expecting to take delivery?......you must be itching to get your hands on it.

Andy
Old 03-03-2013, 03:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Andig-Thank you, the motor should be quite nice-Brent is a real pleasure to deal with and clearly knows his stuff...I went to see Jay both yesterday and today to rebiew a few details. Brought the Chief with me today (my wife) and we are trying to finalize the color of the car. I had a plan and I still like it but when you see the cars in person it makes it really hard to pin down what you want! The current plan is to go with a Verde Ithaca green (Lambo color) with black stripes down the top along with stripes on the sides which run at an angle down from the hood seam to the bottom below the side pipe exit area of the fender. It is a rather loud color but I like the modern look of it. A purists nightmare for sure but I don't care about that.

Looking at the traditional Blue/white made me like that and the black magic was sweet as well...I had the same problem with the first car, this is tough so Im looking for some divine inspiration!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No matter what there is significant lead time with the chassis, looks like early Summer for me...YIKES!
Old 03-03-2013, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX6128 with Shelby 468FE
Not Ranked     

Gary - the wait will be worth it.

I love the idea of Lambo green with black stripes that will look wicked. Are you going with the blackout finish too?

It might be a purists nightmare but to my mind, if you want more of the original look you don't go with a BDR.

I found all the pics of Vintage's cars on the website helpful to narrow down what I liked but I agree, when you see them in the flesh they all look good!

Jay and Brian will do a fine job of installing Brent's monster. I was at a car show a couple of weekends ago in Austin and my motor is just a Coyote but the number of guys that were drooling over the quality and neatness of the installation was unbelievable.

Andy