28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree135Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 07:11 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

That's nice Ralph. Very nice.

I take it you won't be coming for coffee then?

Old 04-18-2014, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 86 Everett Morrison 90" WB. 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Real1 what a joke, you just said, "Seriously, I have no problem with anyone personally. I only have problems with personal attacks. People are entitled to their personal views if that's what it is."

Let's go back to your very first post here, first sentence even Evan, "After you are finished reading the self seving analysis offered here you will find the correct answers in the current SAAC Registry of Cobras & GT40s. Your car is correctly defined as a replica/kit car by SAAC. It is not Cobra but a replica of one. It's all in the SAAC Registry. No better source for authoritative information.

Bam, you slung the mud! Get outta hear your a Real Work!

Your A Troll!

Oh! Let's go to your second post shall we?

"Btw I resented your remark in post 14. Whether it was self serving or not it's factually incorrect and clearly a shot at what you don't own."

You mistook my post as literal and I rebutted and told you it was a joke. But you still continued over and over! Get help! Now your playing the victim card, man up Evan.

Ralphy
Old 04-18-2014, 07:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Wow, this is like the Cher retirement tour>it doesn't make much sense and never ends!
ERA2076 likes this.
Old 04-18-2014, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

I wonder when "not-real 1" will finally realize that everyone here is only taking turns "poking the bear".

When the bear stops reacting, the fun stops.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I would say you have the wrong bear identified, Ralphy seems to be the one with his panties all up in a bunch

Do you like hectorturer's Coca-Cola analogy? Will you call yours a continuation branded SPF?
Old 04-18-2014, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You better go back and read the first two pages here. Evan/Real1 directed his first two and derogatory two posts at me. Call it what you will! He drew first blood. Still no apology! He has some imaginary idea I think, I was attacking him or his car. When he hadn't posted here yet and I never heard of him anywhere here on CC? Real nice how do you do I say. Up yours too!

So let me add another term, Hijacker and Troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL427SBF View Post
I would say you have the wrong bear identified, Ralphy seems to be the one with his panties all up in a bunch

Do you like hectorturer's Coca-Cola analogy? Will you call yours a continuation branded SPF?

Ralphy
Old 04-18-2014, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Looks like there's more than one bear! I need another stick!
Ralphy likes this.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

This train has gone completely off the tracks.
jolsen42, LMH and DRED like this.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And HEY! It's not my derogatory posts that started a poll and another sarcastic thread! NO, NO, NO, NOT IN MY HOUSE.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Looks like there's more than one bear! I need another stick!
Ralphy
Old 04-18-2014, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
You got that right. While Evan has been quite forceful in his arguments I think he's shown a lot of restraint in not making personal attacks. I can't say that for several others.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Shelby Cobra CSX6045, 468 ci all aluminum Shelby engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphy View Post
When he hadn't posted here yet and I never heard of him anywhere here on CC? Real nice how do you do I say. Up yours too!

So let me add another term, Hijacker and Troll.

Ralphy
That's funny considering his post count is more than double yours. Evan has been around a long time and has made a lot of positive contributions. You may not agree with his opinions but he has the right to participate.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
You got that right. While Evan has been quite forceful in his arguments I think he's shown a lot of restraint in not making personal attacks. I can't say that for several others.
Yes, Evan's composure has remained in tact, Ralphy's kind of took a left turn to the sewer, that never bodes well with the jury ... unless it's a jury of Ralphy's peers, then I would sit in the back of the court house and wait for the food fight to start from the jury box
Old 04-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

In yesterday's episode of "As the Cobra Turns"

Real1 pulling back calling for reinforcements

Ralphy: reflecting... "They drew first blood, not me"

Thor Maine: polishing his bow tie

""Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win!''

John Rambo in First Blood

JAMBO: MIA
Ralphy likes this.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Obviously you missed his first post?

Let's look back at his history from other topics

"The fact that no other fiberglass cars fetch those numbers is because they are not Cobras at all, just cars that look like Cobras which is only skin deep. Beyond that many are as far from a Cobra as a dune buggy without any Shelby pedigree."

"Shelbys will soon come into their own. They are starting to already. They are already recognized at many auctions as REAL Cobras in the continuation series."

"When people ask me if my Cobra is original I tell them "yes sir, absolutely, its a Continuation series Shelby Cobra, CSX 4206". True and factual."

Here's a thread that was shut down after Evan showed up.

What's the History for the Last Shelby American Cobra made?

Oh my another thread shut down by Evan

CSX 6000 at Barrett-Jackson

Here's a little tidbit from a moderator

Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Ah, yes. Here comes the usual trash with the personal attacks. Can't discuss the issue intelligently so they revert to all they know how to do.

Well, Mr. Moderator?
It's in the script.

Moderator to Real1: "This is how all your threads end."

That was the last post, shut down!

Damn and I didn't go very far in Evans history yet!

Ralphy
Old 04-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Ralphy: I sorry you feel so offended. You shouldn't let it get to you. Its only a car. If you feel I "personally" offended it was not my intent. "Tongue in cheek" remember?

I will not bicker with you over who said what and when. It's all there to read or re-read should anyone have the desire, the interest or the inclination. I surely don't.

What I have said mirrors the Registry. Sorry that upsets you but I can't change history past or as it has evolved or the facts. No one can. I can't change the working definitions SAAC established either. You should file your protest with them.

Also understand this site is no one's house. It is not your "house". It is not my "house". It doesn't belong to you. It doesn't belong to me or anyone else here except Brent who owns the site but it is a public forum with certain rules of decorum. Sometimes arguments get heated but when posts devolve in to pure personal attacks (as in some of the latest examples above and I'm not say'n from who ) and spew insults at others being completely devoid of any content related to the OP then two things happen. That person makes oneself look foolish and childish/immature and the moderators step in and shut the thread down.

The fact that you are not familiar with my presence here exposes your well...putting it nicely...lack of "experience" here. Some quick background. I have been on this site since around 2000. I was here first under a different user name in the beginning years but left for a short "sabbatical" due to ...well shall we say...some people launching very personal attacks (I think even violence was threatened at one point) at me over this very issue, which as you can imagine in 2000 and 2001 was even more volatile than today in view of the FFR/Shelby litigation. I don't recall you being around back then but maybe I missed it? Anyway...I left for a short while till the dust settled and things calmed down and returned. So, I don't know what my actual post count is but likely double than what's stated above.

If you will note one of our esteemed moderators posted a "sticky" thread entitled "Respect, respect, respect". That sticky was put up long, long ago. That is a good guide.

We are fortunate to have some of the people here that we do here such as Nedsel, Trevor Legate, Mick Mate, the owners of some original cars and some other very knowledgeable contributors as to both the history of these cars and the technical side. When posters start with personal attacks and aspersions it brings the entire site down and makes it look bad. Not good.

The other "sarcastic" thread you reference is a not an unusual reaction by many here to what I have said for years now and the SAAC definitions. No biggy. I just ignore it. Kinda silly. Yes, it is a sarcastic thread, clearly. I was initially going to post a complimentary comment as to the OP's car except I then notice he expressly limited the thread to those owning "imposters" so I realized I wasn't invited to contribute so I didn't. . Yes, a little sarcastic ..I know but hey, it's a two way street.

You need to step back. Take a deep breath and remember, its only a car.

AL427SBF & AL G: Thanks. Appreciate it.

Cheers.

Old 04-18-2014, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You should of headed those points in your first several posts when you attacked me. You will need to excuse me, I'm out working on my Dune Buggy.

One more thing, don't tell me what to do. I'm not your boy! Stop trying to act like some superior. Thanks for the last post. It's worse than I suspected if you were threatened and had to leave the board. WOW!

That last post is a keeper.

Ralphy
Old 04-18-2014, 02:22 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Someone needs to change the registry so that it firmly reflects that the continuation cars are modern day genuine licensed REPRODUCTION cars.

People get mad when others sell a car as a real Shelby cobra when it's a continuation CSX. Well, change the SAAC registry and we can move on quickly with these fraudulent sellers that are just as much a fraud as their car.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2321
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstock View Post
Someone needs to change the registry so that it firmly reflects that the continuation cars are modern day genuine licensed REPRODUCTION cars.

People get mad when others sell a car as a real Shelby cobra when it's a CSX. Well, change the SAAC registry and we can move on quickly with these fraudulent sellers that are just as much a fraud as their car.
4pipes likes this.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A suggestion Evan, cut out the repetitive SAAC blah blah blah. Going thru your history you've used that line over and over. It's like efen Ground Hog Day and I'm Bill Murry.

Ralphy
Old 04-18-2014, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

This is still going on????
Closed Thread